Graffiti on police stations

Paenymion

On 5/5/2023 at 9:38 AM, pateuvasiliu said:

More like someone sprayed mean words on my wall knowing there's no one online to stop them and no camera script to allow us to find out who did it. And even if there was, facial recognition is disabled because Staff thinks it's unfair for criminals to get caught.

The same way cops don't walk around with body cameras on them. If they did, there'd be a lot less people pressing gang members, but here we are — it's a non-issue, and no one really complains about enforcing strict realism down to a T as it'd be hard to enforce. It's a video game, limitations exist & that's OK. 

With that being said, I do think tagging up police stations is pretty silly. Although it is worth mentioning the whole thing isn't really too big of a deal... At the end of the day, who really cares about some graffiti on a police station? I doubt that's enough to kill anyone's immersion.

Edited by Serower
  • Upvote 3
8 hours ago, Serower said:

The same way cops don't walk around with body cameras on them. If they did, there'd be a lot less people pressing gang members

Huh? Bodycams would make getting away with crime way harder to the point where they're disabled for balance reasons.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
4 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Huh? Bodycams would make getting away with crime way harder to the point where they're disabled for balance reasons.

Not really. I think most don't understand how bodycams work, they're not on permanently. A body cam is only activated once a cop arrives on scene of a call or dispatch, so the solution is pretty simple... Don't do crimes infront of cops? I think it'd be a pretty reasonable IC escalation given all the crimes against cops.  But I think this is something for a different suggestion really, falls a little bit out of the scope of the topic imo.

• Developer

To be fair people are blowing the bodycam thing out of proportion, bodycams won't change anything about crimes as cops can just arrest you based on what they saw, their statement is upheld in court 99% of the time so bodycams do nothing but actually help the criminal side/civ side if cops are doing something they shouldn't. Especially if it's a bad shooting as the cop can illegally shoot you outside of camera range (dashcam) and then adjust the story a bit, or hell plead the fifth and get away with it.

Like, honestly, I want someone to give me a normal day-to-day scenario where the bodycam is used to harm the cop more than when it didn't exist. Personally I've had multiple IA reports tossed because "Unable to confirm/deny allegations" just because the cop didn't have a bodycam.

But I might be wrong, so anyone's free to correct me if they're a more illegal-focused player, I've tried both sides but I'm currently more legal focused so my POV might be a bit lacking.

• Upvote 1
On 5/2/2023 at 1:58 AM, Mobb Skit said:

Is it true that many Police Stations in LA are tagged up due to the criminal activity or area. 

However I think if these things were allowed, it would be a bit chaotic. A lot of graffiti can lead to trolling. 

good point, niggas just gon tag PD everyday

• Upvote 1

Way I see it as long as taggers are willing to accept the consequences for it, I couldn't care less. My only grievance would be shunting menial cleaning RP onto Public Works. I could imagine getting called to clean the 10th new tag that day down at Vespucci station would drive them a bit bugnuts.

2 hours ago, Price said:

99% of the time so bodycams do nothing but actually help the criminal side/civ side if cops are doing something they shouldn't.

Which we aren't allowed to do. Lying on the stand requires OOC corruption perms. Most cop characters aren't allowed to make up facts.

Bodycams, however, would allow you to catch criminals who shot an officer out of view of the dashcam, which would be huge. It would also stop warrant rejections where the judge says " How do you know the person you pulled on the traffic stop is the real Slim Shady? " because now you have video footage of them.

They would be a huge buff to the LEO side, which is why they're disabled.

On 5/2/2023 at 8:58 AM, Mobb Skit said:

Is it true that many Police Stations in LA are tagged up due to the criminal activity or area. 

However I think if these things were allowed, it would be a bit chaotic. A lot of graffiti can lead to trolling. 

agreeing too, mans tagging up admireme in a police station

• Upvote 1