New ways to spend money

idefelipe

I'd prefer utilities you have to pay either NPC'd or with companies. You don't pay your phone bill? You can't call. You don't pay your net fee? no internet for you. It could be weekly or monthly or even daily, up to the devs.

Don't pay your electricity bill? Your alarm dosnt work etc

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Anders said:

I'd prefer utilities you have to pay either NPC'd or with companies. You don't pay your phone bill? You can't call. You don't pay your net fee? no internet for you. It could be weekly or monthly or even daily, up to the devs.

Don't pay your electricity bill? Your alarm dosnt work etc

At that point you might as well go outside and, you know, live your actual life????

On serious note;

Somehow people have gotten it in their heads that money sinks are needed for the health of economy.

But that is just a treatment for the symptoms and not the cause of the proverbial illness. 

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

tax the rich, not everyone.

Hunger and Thirst System. If you have to eat and drink each 2 in-game hours, for example, there will be a lot of people going to restaurants or even supermarkets. This, also, could be linked to the farming public work or even create a new economic chain.

Most German and Hungarian RP servers have this, and it's more annoying than enjoyable. It sucks a lot, and it's extremely ridiculous when someone eats 4 chips and drinks 3 cans of coke in the middle of the RP, all out of their pocket.

Clothes. At the moment clothes are EXTREMELLY cheap, just go to a store and pay 100$ and can get whatever you want. There would be two ways to face this, first is changing the price (server level) to each clothes part manually by the staff (sorry guys!!). Second is removing all the script clothes purchase and just allow the players set the prices and place the parts they want to sell on their own stores. This could also be linked to a new design/production economic chains.

I don't think it's necessary.

Taxes. Yeah, nobody likes to pay taxes, but they are a reality and we all have to pay them to feed the public engine. Those taxes could be agains business, properties, vehicles and would not require anything from the player (just have enough money in the bank, haha)

If this is included in the hourly wage script, then no. You can work 3 hours per day, which is a maximum of 12,000, now if you're getting paid per hour, that can quickly put you in the red, especially if you're not in a faction and/or the business you're working for isn't open daily, and of course what about very active players?

Fuel and Oil. Driving is the main activity for most of the players as you need to drive all the time to go from here and there. There are fuel station, but the fuel comsumption, in my opinion, is too low. In 40 hours, with a bike, I just consumed half of the reserve and it just cost me $48 to fill it. I think it should be reviewed and, who knows, that could lead to a new resource chain (I know there are servers with oil chains).

I don't know what kind of bike it is, but my dirtbike sucks up its tank in a couple of hours.

Edited by ghostface
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 2
On 4/13/2023 at 1:33 PM, idefelipe said:

Hunger and Thirst System. If you have to eat and drink each 2 in-game hours, for example, there will be a lot of people going to restaurants or even supermarkets. This, also, could be linked to the farming public work or even create a new economic chain.

Have you actually seen a restaurant? If it's open most of the people who'd like to roleplay a nice dinner would go there, but those establishments are not open 24/7 to satisfy everyone's needs.
Also as Ghostface stated before, this formula has been used in numerous servers and I can only pray for some god that exist, that this server didn't include this. It's stupid and in some level forces you to do something against your will. Why should I eat within every 2 hours on a roleplay server? It's not an RPG it's called roleplay, you create the situations for yourself, don't let the system decide instead of you. Let the people choose when or how they want to roleplay eating if they want to at all.

On 4/13/2023 at 1:46 PM, idefelipe said:

Yep, I agree that hunger and thirst (I will edit it now in the first message) could be a bit of annoying at the beginning.

Nope, I deny this statement, it's annoying all the way down to it's core.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah. Hunger and Thirst system are god awful.  Who wants to RP the neccessity of their character, already does. And to those who don't this brings a 2 hour spam to the RP to fill their hunger and thirst bar. 

Trust me on this... Every hungarian server has this function... Never-ever seen a player go into a restaurant to RP their hunger accordingly. Also, this element adds even more to the RPG feeling.

Taxes, price changes and systems like that would also affect the "poor" more. People who already have unimaginable amounts of money would still go around like nothing happened. 

Also, one thing I don't get is... Why do you want everyone to spend every last of his cent on systems like these? I don't want to/ and don't have to grind to portray a character as I want.  Just let us RP and don't make it a grindfest please. 

Edited by delux
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Memozzy said:

At that point you might as well go outside and, you know, live your actual life????

On serious note;

Somehow people have gotten it in their heads that money sinks are needed for the health of economy.

But that is just a treatment for the symptoms and not the cause of the proverbial illness. 

Life is scary wtf and outside??? There's grass there, that's fuckin scary man.

A lot needs to change especially the high salaries 

On 4/24/2023 at 11:49 PM, Wrld999 said:

Damage to vehicles should be saved upon /vp, prices to repair vehicles should be upped to like $2,000 - $5,000, and also add vehicle insurance plans to cover damage costs with varying packages to cover a percentage of the bill with a bronze tier (65%), silver tier (75%), gold tier (85%), or platinum tier (100%) plan.

The only reason I disagree with this is because of how often OOC damages occur to vehicles. And I don't just mean people crashing into someone and doing the old "/b void". Like what if you spawn your car, which is parked in someone else's spot? Now you and another person has a damaged car. Or your game crashes and in the process, your car swerves into a tree. Or even just exiting an interior and your car suddenly lost all it's windows for no reason. These aren't rare scenarios, they happen every day. People's cars get damaged for OOC reasons all the time.

All this is gonna do is make it annoying when your car gets damaged and it's not even caused by an IC action. And now people's only choice when it happens is to either bug an admin to fix their car or if there are no admins around, just drive around in a damaged car that wasn't even their fault.

18 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

The only reason I disagree with this is because of how often OOC damages occur to vehicles. And I don't just mean people crashing into someone and doing the old "/b void". Like what if you spawn your car, which is parked in someone else's spot? Now you and another person has a damaged car. Or your game crashes and in the process, your car swerves into a tree. Or even just exiting an interior and your car suddenly lost all it's windows for no reason. These aren't rare scenarios, they happen every day. People's cars get damaged for OOC reasons all the time.

All this is gonna do is make it annoying when your car gets damaged and it's not even caused by an IC action. And now people's only choice when it happens is to either bug an admin to fix their car or if there are no admins around, just drive around in a damaged car that wasn't even their fault.

This is an issue where my IC apartment is, either vp in the middle of the intersection or get it spawned into a stop sign which if this was GTAO; I'd be blown up.

I'm all for adding money sinks, but everything suggested here is a big no to me. Add more serversided cars, clothes with dif prices, etc.