The Mask Epidemic

The Mask Epidemic  

962 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Does the "Rather not have more OOC restrictions" also extend to not OOC restricting the senate to ICly pass a law that would allow law enforcement to preemptively frisk folk that walk around in public with ski masks?

the law, if passed, would still be taken icly- so it'd be an IC thing.

7 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Does the "Rather not have more OOC restrictions" also extend to not OOC restricting the senate to ICly pass a law that would allow law enforcement to preemptively frisk folk that walk around in public with ski masks?

laws are IC, if say for instance there's a huge influx of people wearing ski masks going around robbing people, I see a reason for something to happen IC about it. It's the same with anything. That in itself would create more RP. I rather see that, than have people reporting because someones wearing a mask if that makes sense.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2

i'll say this. restricting masks, and making it an ooc punishment, even if its just referring to a certain group? it'd ruin a lot of rp, and make masks basically unused and useless. people would just report others for using masks in any circumstance, even if it's roleplayed- which would  also flood reports even MORE.

if anything, it should in my opinion then be kept ICly fully, because bringing OOC punishments would for sure ruin it all. 

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, Fenris said:

laws are IC, if say for instance there's a huge influx of people wearing ski masks going around robbing people, I see a reason for something to happen IC about it. It's the same with anything. That in itself would create more RP. I rather see that, than have people reporting because someones wearing a mask if that makes sense.

No, Fenris. All due respect and appreciation I have for you, laws are not IC because LFM/Management vetoes them OOCly.

Just a short list of stuff that comes to mind:

- The bill on traffic being pushed right now has been restricted by LFM/Management and censored to an extent.

- LFM denied a law to have law enforcement wear bodycams.

- We all know what happened with the UNANIMOUS VOTE on weed legalization.

And I could likely keep going. Laws need to be approved OOCly, all of them.

F4Tvl52.jpeg

Edited by Kappaurel
  • Upvote 3
6 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

No, Fenris. All due respect and appreciation I have for you, laws are not IC because LFM/Management vetoes them OOCly.

Just a short list of stuff that comes to mind:

- The bill on traffic being pushed right now has been restricted by LFM/Management and censored to an extent.

- LFM denied a law to have law enforcement wear bodycams.

- We all know what happened with the UNANIMOUS VOTE on weed legalization.

And I could likely keep going. Laws need to be approved OOCly, all of them.

F4Tvl52.jpeg

laws do yes, especially when it effects a large given area, however it should be tried IC first. That's what I'm saying. Us having OOC limitations on masks doesn't make sense. I'm not wanting to ban someone because they're wearing a ski mask, I much rather people acted in an in-character way.

Edited by Fenris
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
16 hours ago, mj2002 said:

So then we don't have OOC concerns about body cameras either, right?

For someone who was an admin once and was involved in making of these types of rules you have a seemingly clueless persona on why bodycams aren't roleplayed and the OOC reasons behind it.

The issue with it being the OOC rule is that a) when can you wear a mask? 

b) how does an admin who has zero illegal experience know how to go about these so called rules

c) the punishing of someone wearing a mask looks idiotic in the least sense and it would be up there with that guy who got banned for saying Nigga in character back in 2022

On the other hand, the IC law of stopping and frisking someone for wearing a mask doesn't exist in California, not in the type of way you guys want it anyways, and it would definitely be used by PD and SD to shake down entire blocks like its 1992 LA Compton 15 people lined up searching for crack rocks over someone who wore a mask outside

Leave it be, it doesn't hurt anyone and it's just another rule of inventing hot water

Edited by Blue Tip Sierra
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Blue Tip Sierra said:

For someone who was an admin once and was involved in making of these types of rules you have a seemingly clueless persona on why bodycams aren't roleplayed and the OOC reasons behind it.

The same could be said about those wanting to bring back vehicular robberies on to the server. 

3 hours ago, Hart said:

GTA World: LC's demise wasn't solely attributed to the increase in robberies only, but also to the demand of assets. Activity began to dwindle when players discovered they couldn't transfer their items and money between LS and LC.

Even when asset transfers were permitted, which it was, the numbers were still extremely low. Reason being by those who were classifying themselves as civilian? It was because robberies were through the roof due to zero regulation on them.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Blue Tip Sierra said:

Realism only when it suits you.

14 hours ago, Blue Tip Sierra said:

The issue with it being the OOC rule is that a) when can you wear a mask? 

b) how does an admin who has zero illegal experience know how to go about these so called rules

c) the punishing of someone wearing a mask looks idiotic in the least sense and it would be up there with that guy who got banned for saying Nigga in character back in 2022

On the other hand, the IC law of stopping and frisking someone for wearing a mask doesn't exist in California, not in the type of way you guys want it anyways, and it would definitely be used by PD and SD to shake down entire blocks like its 1992 LA Compton 15 people lined up searching for crack rocks over someone who wore a mask outside

Leave it be, it doesn't hurt anyone and it's just another rule of inventing hot water

Well last time I checked, San Andreas isn't California, it is inspired by the actual state yes, but everything on the server is created by players and admins. That aside, with the notion "be safe, stay inside, run when you see a car with four people inside." This fact alone warrants for national guard deployment. So shaking down whole block for a single mask, sounds like the usual day in Los Santos. We roleplay in a city where anyone can shoot anyone over anything (almost). And they do. So no, real laws cannot be applied here. Cause we roleplay in a city with max 1200 population where majority are either gangmembers or people having a firearm license.

Edited by Engelbert