The Mask Epidemic

The Mask Epidemic  

961 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, My Facecard Good said:

I understand that the whole mask thing is becoming a bit over the top, I don't even own a mask IC, but my question is, why is everyone so bothered by it? Seems like most of yall are just upset you're unable to metagame names.

Because often the over the top use of masks comes with unnecessary escalation, which is often perceived as trolling. Being anonymous often brings the worst up in humans.

28 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

Because often the over the top use of masks comes with unnecessary escalation, which is often perceived as trolling. Being anonymous often brings the worst up in humans.

How does a person wearing a mask correlate directly to unnecessary escalation that doesn't make any sense whatsoever?

3 hours ago, Martyn said:

A lot of disingenuous arguments being made here despite the poll results being crystal clear what the majority feels like. Got people attacking each other on a personal level and shit, kinda sad to see this coming from adults on a forum for a virtual world. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you should respect it, if the majority of the players share a certain opinion you should respect the democratic process as its the foundation for most of our societies and thus should also be the reasonable foundation for this server as the players make the server. Without these players, no server.

Some players really need to grow up and not let their emotions get the better of them.

The polls are showing that 151 + 177 for a total of 328 people are against any sort of OOC draconian rule regarding masks that is completely out of touch with the reality of people living in the US. What will it be next? An OOC rule against tinted windows or sagging pants? Obviously I don’t IFM would approve some shit like that but it seems like the legal RPers would be all for it if they were. You’re my homie Martyn but I have to disagree with you on this dog. 

Stop putting training wheels on RP and creating OOC barriers to roleplay. An IC law is also stupid to me. This is America dog. They couldn’t even get people to agree on wearing masks, even in extremely liberal states like California and Washington. The SD and the PD should just take a car of 4 masked men the same way they would IRL, as probable cause. Even if they don’t say that’s the reason, just like IRL they can basically make up any reason they want.

I think all this OOC regulation is just going to create more strain on a system that’s already strained. It will create a situation where admins with no illegal RP experience or even a concept of what crime is really in LA or the US, have the authority to deny ppl wanting to use a mask for any number of reasons. Almost similar to how ICly police can just pull over and search someone for any reason they want. Which brings me back to why the fuck do we need a rule for that when it can and has been handled ICly.

• Upvote 4
8 minutes ago, The Plug said:

The polls are showing that 151 + 177 for a total of 328 people are against any sort of OOC draconian rule regarding masks that is completely out of touch with the reality of people living in the US. What will it be next? An OOC rule against tinted windows or sagging pants? Obviously I don’t IFM would approve some shit like that but it seems like the legal RPers would be all for it if they were. You’re my homie Martyn but I have to disagree with you on this dog. 

Stop putting training wheels on RP and creating OOC barriers to roleplay. An IC law is also stupid to me. This is America dog. They couldn’t even get people to agree on wearing masks, even in extremely liberal states like California and Washington. The SD and the PD should just take a car of 4 masked men the same way they would IRL, as probable cause. Even if they don’t say that’s the reason, just like IRL they can basically make up any reason they want.

I think all this OOC regulation is just going to create more strain on a system that’s already strained. It will create a situation where admins with no illegal RP experience or even a concept of what crime is really in LA or the US, have the authority to deny ppl wanting to use a mask for any number of reasons. Almost similar to how ICly police can just pull over and search someone for any reason they want. Which brings me back to why the fuck do we need a rule for that when it can and has been handled ICly.

Brother, if you read my previous responses I was one of the first ones who said I would like an IC response to the problem, not an OOC one.