Change headshot rules to not include bleeding out

So a curious headcanon rule ( as far as I know it's not in the actual rules ) is that if you get shot twice in the head ( which doesn't down you ) and then bleed out, you die. This doesn't really make sense, because you weren't put into the  'wounded' state by the headshots, and as such they would be grazes, so the headshot rule should not apply.

For instance if my character gets headshot once and shot once in the chest, I wouldn't be wounded and as such I can RP surviving. However, if he passes out from blood loss, this suddenly turns into a brains-on-the-floor situation according to the rule. It makes no sense for blood loss to transform a graze into a full out bullet to the brain rule.

So I'm asking for the 'headshot rule' to only apply when someone gets damaged by bullets to the point of being wounded, and asking that wounded states caused by blood loss to be survivable.

I don't think people realize how rare grazes are in real life. Most of the time when someone is shooting at your head, they either hit or miss. There's a small chance the bullet lightly grazes the side of the head but it's much more likely to be 2mm to either side and hit or miss it. People abuse this to the fullest on RP servers.

• Upvote 3

you do realize people get shot in the head and rp it as a graze anyway, right? all this is doing is making it so unless you play PUBG and go out with a bandage, med kit and a red bull, you get shot by one random stray bullet to the head FD cant revive you after you bleed or in 45 seconds. fuck the rule.

Edited by DeadPlaya
1 hour ago, Sunni said:

I don't think people realize how rare grazes are in real life. Most of the time when someone is shooting at your head, they either hit or miss. There's a small chance the bullet lightly grazes the side of the head but it's much more likely to be 2mm to either side and hit or miss it. People abuse this to the fullest on RP servers.

People have survived headshots in real life. Here you re supposed to RP death if you get hit once in the head and them bleed out. That doesn't make much sense. How can you survive 5 shots to the chest but not one graze near the head? Not every head shot goes through the brain.

46 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

People have survived headshots in real life. Here you re supposed to RP death if you get hit once in the head and them bleed out. That doesn't make much sense. How can you survive 5 shots to the chest but not one graze near the head? Not every head shot goes through the brain.

Sure but they're the exception, not the rule. If the rule states that headshots can be grazes and/or that people can survive headshots, everyone will suddenly have a helmet of bullet grazes all around their head and multiple stories about how they keep surviving headshots.

I personally don't think that headshots should be RPed as anything but fatal.

+1. 

Cranial intrusion is pretty much an instant KO, and likely death, no matter if it's a bullet or an ice pick. So it doesn't make sense for someone to get hit in the head per the script damages, walk around fine for minutes, and then all of a sudden drop dead and have to roleplay a hole through their head simply because the rules say so. 

My only concern would be people starting to lie about whether or not they were downed by the bleeding mechanic, or properly downed by headshots / other wounds. I think, at the very least, bleeding damages should show up in /damages so we can have some clue.