Jail & Prison discussion

Your opinions on the jail / prison debate  

903 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, CYCOSOCIAL said:

That's the one point of call I have. I genuinely think we shouldn't divide the Inmate playerbase. Have everything focused on SADCR & Bollingbroke. I'm saying this as one of the ~2 people in charge of SD custody aswell. Give it to SADCR, have the faction one-hundred percent focused on it. 

One of the big problems of this server is factions/groups feeling like others step on their toes (see other LEO faction relations for exact examples of this). Custody should be ran by a custody faction. Please, don't divide what doesn't need to be divided. Most cops hardly arrest for misdemeanour charges anyway. 

Yeah this is my only problem with the idea of adding a prison. Don't leave TTCF the way it is to just die and have people in there sitting alone with no RP.

Move everything to one facility run by one faction. If you have to, have a separate smaller correctional facility building as part of the prison to separate from felony inmates.

If creating a DoC faction don't make joining as onerous as it has been on TTCF. I've twice gone for the role of custody deputy but have given up in the process as the system seems geared towards or similar to the process for becoming a deputy.

I can imagine in 80% of cases these will be alt characters to enable others rp so make the entry scheme according sympathetic to this

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, croozerdog said:

this is not IRL though. prison rp is lame right now, more players is the only way to fix it. if it was a "horrible idea" it wouldn't have worked on other text rp servers. no need to be so dramatic because someone has another opinion lmao

You aren’t a prison/jail RPer or you’d know that this is something that we all came to a conclusion on all the way back in LSRP and again here on GTA W. It completely ruins immersion and the only option would be to RP female characters as trans which would just make anybody who’s character is an active gang member avoid interacting with them all together anyway. 

Which would land them in a worse spot as far as interaction goes than if they were just in an all female block/pod. In the female pod there would obviously be less inmates but they’d be getting actual char dev and IC relations, compared to being ostracized at best and victimized (robbed, beat up, etc) at worst.

If you ask anybody from the SD CAs, The Mexican Mafia, The Aryan Brotherhood or The Black Car who have been RPing in the jail for months/years and not just small 2 day stints every few months, they’ll tell you the same thing. 

If we’re finally going to add the prison let’s not fuck it up because of ideas like this.

• Upvote 6
9 hours ago, Jacoby Henderson said:

Why not have a jail still, and that’ll be to house those awaiting a trail and those convicted of misdemeanors, AND a prison for those convicted of felonies? Both can exist, maybe. 

This is something our projects team discussed and was a viable option, although we agreed alongside the SD liaisons to have that *joint* decision be made once the faction was ready to roll out fully. It's possible to implement in a way that does not impact anyone's conduct or add more weight to requirements, but rather take's what already exists and expands upon it to offer more opportunities.

Edited by Midwest
  • Upvote 4
  • Nervous unpinned this topic