Rework Police Helicopter rules.

Rubbish

2 minutes ago, AnthonyCourtney said:

Situational awareness of a helicopter you can't see or hear LOL

Adapt to it. If there's trouble around your area all day long just take cover when you're gonna mug someone, just like LEOs have to adapt to ambushes, unrealistic driving during pursuits, random people coming from god knows where to drop a BMX to a suspect being chased on foot and all that stuff. There's two ends to every stick. If you can't see the helicopter, the helicopter can't see you.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Amellis said:

Adapt to it.

You can't adapt to something you can't see or hear lmfao

again, this isn't schizophrenia RP. Expecting criminals to act like there could always be a silent and invisible government helicopter watching their every move is ridiculous.

everything else you posted is irrelevant and breaking the rules, go ahead and report those people, it has no bearing on whether LSPD should be allowed to essentially abuse a RageMP limitation.

Edited by AnthonyCourtney
2 minutes ago, Amellis said:

Adapt to it. If there's trouble around your area all day long just take cover when you're gonna mug someone, just like LEOs have to adapt to ambushes, unrealistic driving during pursuits, random people coming from god knows where to drop a BMX to a suspect being chased on foot and all that stuff. There's two ends to every stick. If you can't see the helicopter, the helicopter can't see you.

Ah yes, adapt to something I can't hear cause it's just hovering silently in the air in stealth mode with a camera that increases render distance.

I don't know why anyone hasn't thought about that before.

lil-yachty-drake.gif

4 minutes ago, Rubbish said:

Ah yes, adapt to something I can't hear cause it's just hovering silently in the air in stealth mode with a camera that increases render distance.

I don't know why anyone hasn't thought about that before.

lil-yachty-drake.gif

I didn't know the camera actually increased render distance 🤐If that's that's the case I can see the issue...

Edit (to not clutter the topic as much) Maybe with the new audio emitters there can be a louder, server-side audio for helicopters, if render distance is still scuffed at least you could hear them...

Edited by Amellis

I see a lot comments about “abusing” Rage or whatever as if there is malicious intent. There is none. At all.

If there is an issue with not being able to hear a helicopter (which IRL is a quite distinct noise, for certain), then let’s come up with a solution to help balance that. Not be passive aggressive and bash.

• Upvote 1

What if we limit the altitude of the helicopters so that they stay on the render distance? I know it might not be realistic but it's the simplest balancing the server can do. Everyone on the ground can see/hear them and vice versa. No more stealth sci-fi copters. I saw someone mentioned 1.200ft which IMO is fine, I guess?

53 minutes ago, varthshenon said:

What if we limit the altitude of the helicopters so that they stay on the render distance? I know it might not be realistic but it's the simplest balancing the server can do.

That’s an option too for sure. For general patrol activities they have to be 500-1000 or something like that. At the very least that’s a workaround for the audio issue we currently have

I had a recent conversation in discord and I shouldn't even be admitting this but hear me out, SD/PD air officers (I been in both) are given ways to "work the system" and "loop holes" to prevent looking like they are breaking the current LFM rules. A ex admin themselves said this is impossible to prove. So yea. Figure something out.

• Phased locked this topic