Rework Police Helicopter rules.

Rubbish

Why does everything need to turn into a 'oh, illegals do this, legals do that. This is so unfair.' Can't we all just enjoy the server for what it is? Legals don't always win, illegals don't always win. Just take the bad experiences and adapt from them. You got caught doing a gun deal outside? Well, take it inside a place. Or find a covered parking lot. And the same goes both ways. As long as it's not violating any rules, I don't see the point in complaining. The seeing of /me's IMO are a good thing, considering it stops people from argument of 'oh, it's desync bro'. Whereas if you RPed it, there's proof you did mean to do what you did.

• Upvote 2
53 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Where was the balance when SWAT got ambushed in Vespucci by 6 suicide assassins? Where is the fairness when civilians are basically loot pinattas for criminals?

SWAT had better guns and outnumbered them, every person who attacked and died was CKd. Cops other than the one who's CK app was approved only got PKd. Civilians are not loot pinatas for criminals, they get so many rules added against illegal RP it's basically impossible to rob them. 

Staying on topic tho, I think the biggest problem with the helicopter is that people getting hunted/observed by one cannot even see/hear it. 

Edited by sribvlad
5 minutes ago, sribvlad said:

Staying on topic tho, I think the biggest problem with the helicopter is that people getting hunted/observed by one cannot even see/hear it. 

this is pretty much the only point on this entire thread that is agreeable.

IRL i can hear a helicopter from what seems to be miles and miles away, easily over 10,000 feet away. whereas in the server they seem to be completely silent and invisible past like 2000 feet. this is unfair. these aren't military grade stealth choppers.

the only issue is that this is just a rage limitation i believe, so unsure how they could go about fixing it.

13 minutes ago, DeadPlaya said:

3-6 helicopters up for tens of millions of people is a different ratio than 1 up for 500-600. Also, there's constant foot and vehicle traffic. A helicopter camera operator stays busy. Here, you have a handul of vehicles around at the same time. They get undivided, constant attention from the AIR unit that's up. This is about fairness to other players, their time and their RP. Not criminal - police balance.

But that's also balanced here by the lack of technology on GTAW compared to real-life. Sure, they have fewer helicopters but they also have sensors that detect gunshots, there are CCTV cameras on every other corner/business/house, there are witnesses mostly everywhere. Cops have many advantages in real life that we toned down or completely excluded on here for the sake of balance - and that's fair. IRL the point is to catch criminals, on GTAW the point is for everyone to have fun while maintaining realism. Whenever I'm on my illegal characters, I feel it's much more thrilling and immersive to have to be more careful than to be able to do whatever I want, wherever I want knowing full well no one's going to catch my character. As it currently stands, you can shoot someone dead in the middle of a "busy" boulevard and walk away scott-free. You can go to a nightclub 5 minutes after and no one will ever know. IRL you'd be in handcuffs or dead in minutes.

I don't think this is needed. Criminals already have a lot of advantages and as far as I know, AIR units are already heavily regulated. If we keep piling on regulation to make it more convenient to a group of people, we'll just end up with no one taking those roles - who would want to go through an in-depth application, and a lengthy training process and probationary period just so they have to spend 10 minutes driving to the helipad whenever a helicopter is needed (and 50% of time drive back as the situation is over), go through a full list of pre-flight checks, eventually take off but only be allowed in X area, Y meters above ground, only facing North, flying at Z speed, having to put a timer up for how long they can be flying for, then go back and refuel and do the exact same thing again just so someone can get away with something they would've never been able to IRL - no one would want to be an AIR unit anymore. And interest is not high as it is.

• Upvote 2

I honestly think the current helicopter rules are restrictive enough. 

If someone decides to commit a crime and break the law, they should also accept the fact that they can get caught. Majority of crime committed does not lead to an arrest.

The propability of being caught by a helicopter is very slim but happens, and it seems those incidents seem to get reported. You are MUCH, much more likely to get caught by ground units committing an offense.

Its therefor I believe helicopter rules should not be further restricted.

Perspective. I don't play in South Central but I think the likelihood of a moving vehicle in that area being gang affiliated or criminally associated must be 95% or higher. Irl a moving vehicle would be 99% likely to be completely legal.

So follow any car or wait long enough and you are going to get something 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Rubbish said:

At current rate police helicopters seem to be used for everything even little things and are incredibly overpowered, there's been a good few forum reports up right now where people get arrested due to them in what I believe to be an unfair advantage and borderline powergaming/P2W with their camera being able to see literally everything in full 8K definition.

I think this is more of a problem within PD internally if anything, stop giving members the tools that they can and will abuse when they have a history of doing so. I can also agree that being able to zoom in on with your camera in full 8K and make out the tiniest of details is silly and there should be more clarification regarding how and when they should be used.

• Upvote 2

The issue for Render and Audio in Grand Theft Auto V is not an issue that any LEO Air Support / Operations can resolve. It is by policy that the standardized value of flight is at 500-600ft Minimum, and some do still fly within audio range which has been tested frequently, to 1200ft. But this is not a "dedicated" factor or problem, it is a variable. People play with different headphone qualities, speaker qualities, volume percentages. It is unknown how a pilots flight may sound on the ground 99.9% of the time, this is a game mechanic issue, I completely agree.

Flight altitude is something that's not iron set mainly because of how SAAA operates, just like the FAAA counterpart, there has to be a certain value of clearance above each aircraft when in the same area, district or county depending on how frequent or busy the traffic is.

There is Camera and Helicopter regulations per say, and we don't have many helicopters as is believed, there is only 2 Marked Helicopters to the LSPD alone, compared to other Agencies which have numerous. The others that we have do not respond to your day to day incidents and are only resolved for Warrants, Large Scenes like Hostage-Taking Incidents, Fires, or Search and Rescue efforts. - Majority of the time it's only 1 aircraft on, for 1-2 IRL hours, and that's that. We cannot idle over any District at any time for more than 5-10 minutes, unless we have a Scope, Call, Warrant or Observation of a known vehicle that is Wanted and or Stolen.

P.S. - I am all for promoting that you can hear us from the distance away, and if there is an implementation that can be made, I'd give a thousand +1's to it. 

🙂

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Sunni said:

But that's also balanced here by the lack of technology on GTAW compared to real-life. Sure, they have fewer helicopters but they also have sensors that detect gunshots, there are CCTV cameras on every other corner/business/house, there are witnesses mostly everywhere. Cops have many advantages in real life that we toned down or completely excluded on here for the sake of balance - and that's fair. IRL the point is to catch criminals, on GTAW the point is for everyone to have fun while maintaining realism. Whenever I'm on my illegal characters, I feel it's much more thrilling and immersive to have to be more careful than to be able to do whatever I want, wherever I want knowing full well no one's going to catch my character. As it currently stands, you can shoot someone dead in the middle of a "busy" boulevard and walk away scott-free. You can go to a nightclub 5 minutes after and no one will ever know. IRL you'd be in handcuffs or dead in minutes.

I don't think this is needed. Criminals already have a lot of advantages and as far as I know, AIR units are already heavily regulated. If we keep piling on regulation to make it more convenient to a group of people, we'll just end up with no one taking those roles - who would want to go through an in-depth application, and a lengthy training process and probationary period just so they have to spend 10 minutes driving to the helipad whenever a helicopter is needed (and 50% of time drive back as the situation is over), go through a full list of pre-flight checks, eventually take off but only be allowed in X area, Y meters above ground, only facing North, flying at Z speed, having to put a timer up for how long they can be flying for, then go back and refuel and do the exact same thing again just so someone can get away with something they would've never been able to IRL - no one would want to be an AIR unit anymore. And interest is not high as it is.

But that's the thing. If you do commit brazen robberies or murders then you should be caught, I agree. That's not the issue at hand here. The issue here is that due to the low number of vehicles and the ability for /me's to be read from miles up in the sky, where the people on the ground can't even see or hear you, means that anything you do CAN get you caught. It's dystopians level of surveillance and it can feel very unfair.

You roleplayed stopping next to someone at night for five seconds to give them a plastic baggie? Tough luck, a helicopter you had no idea existed saw you do it in 4K 60fps.

Pull you gun out for a second to make sure there's a round in the chamber? Got you on tape.

This isn't about things a helicopter being in the air as you murder 12 people on a corner. This is about subtle stuff that would've never been seen/reported before. 

3 minutes ago, DeadPlaya said:

But that's the thing. If you do commit brazen robberies or murders then you should be caught, I agree. That's not the issue at hand here. The issue here is that due to the low number of vehicles and the ability for /me's to be read from miles up in the sky, where the people on the ground can't even see or hear you, means that anything you do CAN get you caught. It's dystopians level of surveillance and it can feel very unfair.

You roleplayed stopping next to someone at night for five seconds to give them a plastic baggie? Tough luck, a helicopter you had no idea existed saw you do it in 4K 60fps.

Pull you gun out for a second to make sure there's a round in the chamber? Got you on tape.

This isn't about things a helicopter being in the air as you murder 12 people on a corner. This is about subtle stuff that would've never been seen/reported before. 

I completely support you on that some people are taking it too far with reading /me's from above on actions that would be subtle and the item being too small to confirm what it is, and it most certainly should not provoke a response at all.

• Phased locked this topic