Modify Rule 9 to include suicide as disgusting RP.

2 hours ago, Mescalero said:

i am jumping off from this 15 story building because my lesbian girlfriend broke up with me, you talking to me won't change a thing because i'm going to jump off anways, i am the main character. 

I will also be making a FB post saying that I am my parent/close friend and I just logged in to make a PSA for all the people that don't give a fuck that you decided to NC because the ERP got stale and will be rerolling the same character, same concept just with a new edgier french name.

Ban this type of roleplay, it's done exclusively by misinformed angsty grown-ass men seeking attention in a fake facebook platform. Keep it to your close RP circle, because if they don't care, neither will we. 

• Upvote 7
  • Applaud 2

If you're doing it solely for reasons that relate to your character and their development, I see no problem with this kind of roleplay, but it's rare that it's done for that reason. Yes, people do things like this for attention in real life, but for the majority of people that suffer from mental health issues, it's a very private thing.

That said, I think it's fair to ask why you can't portray certain offensive things over some other offensive thing, but I say that with a caveat. You could very easily claim that it's just a game and use that to justify any number of things, such as pedophilia roleplay, and whether or not you want to make the moral distinction between pedophilia and murder is an entirely different philosophical discussion. But I think it's quite clear what people are more willing to accept in their roleplay, and I personally don't believe there's any right way to portray pedophilia. You're a piece of shit if you do.

With things like racism, murder, or robbery, these are all (generally) things that can be portrayed well without any kind of OOC ulterior motive. It comes down to discretion and common sense, at the end of the day.

Edited by phdinlsd
4 hours ago, moulton said:

I am fine with people killing their characters, I don't care if your character wants to commit suicide but setting up an entire dragged out depress-fest on Facebrowser just shouldn't be a fucking thing. If you have solid roleplay behind it, sure - go for it. But don't make it theatrical, don't publicize and broadcast it. People don't want to see that shit.

+1

Completely agree with this entire suggestion. Mental health is such a delicate thing, and even if it is in a game context it is likely to be triggering for some individuals. If it is to be included, then there must be some restrictions as to where it can take place.  A site such as facebrowser should be restricted, it's impossible to gain ooc consent from every single person that uses it & being confronted by it when you don't expect it is awful.

Roleplay is a place of escape, it's a place people come to, to have fun. Not to be confronted by problems or irl issues they might be dealing with.

Edited by ToastyG
4 hours ago, Levitate said:

This is enough for everyone. It's a 18+ related game. Forgive me but in a game where blood, nudity and murder occurs, you now tell me you get offended by this. Simple, don't get involved AT ALL. IT'S YOUR CHOICE. 

I agree only with this part of the suggestion. 

I tend to agree

1 hour ago, phdinlsd said:

If you're doing it solely for reasons that relate to your character and their development, I see no problem with this kind of roleplay, but it's rare that it's done for that reason. Yes, people do things like this for attention in real life, but for the majority of people that suffer from mental health issues, it's a very private thing.

That said, I think it's fair to ask why you can't portray certain offensive things over some other offensive thing, but I say that with a caveat. You could very easily claim that it's just a game and use that to justify any number of things, such as pedophilia roleplay, and whether or not you want to make the moral distinction between pedophilia and murder is an entirely different philosophical discussion. But I think it's quite clear what people are more willing to accept in their roleplay, and I personally don't believe there's any right way to portray pedophilia. You're a piece of shit if you do.

With things like racism, murder, robbery, or whatever it may be, these are all (generally) things that can be portrayed well without any kind of OOC ulterior motive. It comes down to discretion and common sense, at the end of the day.

Image result for oh no baby what is you doing

Edited by moulton
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, phdinlsd said:

or whatever it may be, these are all (generally) things that can be portrayed well without any kind of OOC ulterior motive. It comes down to discretion and common sense, at the end of the day.

brother just to clarify i wasn't talking about pedo rp when i said this if it looks like that...........

tldr suicide rp for attention is shitty don't do it unless ur doing it because of character dev and just do it in private