Modify Rule 9 to include suicide as disgusting RP.

ppl saying 'just walk away' like an LEO/EMT can walk away from a suicidal person and not get charged with neglect of duty. there is nothing in the rules that protects u with a 'players may choose to disengage from this type of rp' clause 

wild saying it's simply just a case of holding W

• Applaud 1
On 1/13/2023 at 5:41 AM, pateuvasiliu said:

Well they boomed me I never realised this

a good 75% at minimum lmfao it's crazy 

trivializing mental illness and suicide to be a way to get a girl's number is the most incel-playing-a-lesbian shit since scissoring 

• Upvote 1

It is interesting to read every ones take, and vaguely the general consensus seem to be.

"Suicide has its place on the server, but it is always best to try and limit it to people who is in your personal circle that is invested in your character and story. Avoid if possible to bring it to unexpected players or drag people into it who did not sign up for the roleplay, or know it was coming."

But I do want to remind people who has only read the title and perhaps the last couple of posts that this is actually about Facebrowser and not someone who wants to ban suicide outright. Once in a while a players will suicide, and then go to facebrowser posting about the death on their account, pretending to be family. Brad Hata did it, along with a picture of his character with angel wings, recently Evangeline Bratten did it, which is the reason for this thread. Others have done so before.

There is a discussion to be had if it is mild metagaming if you pose as your parents and then post on your dead characters account to inform people about the suicide. Personally it does not bother me, I think it is quite informative to learn a character I had on my friends list is gone, and it is not like they will post ever again. But I do know a lot of people don't like it. They find it cringe, insensitive, uncomfortable, and don't think Facebrowser is the right place to be talking about suicide. And I get that as well. 

Edited by Natala
  • Upvote 1

I kinda get both sides to this. 

On one hand, suicide is unfortunately too common and as a server we should help safeguard those who struggle with these issues IRL. 

On the other hand, it's a game filled with suicide, death, peostitution, drugs etc etc. 

I think the people thinking about CKing themselves through suicide should keep it between their inner circle and keep it away from FB. A friend of mine recently passed away from suicide and yes his partner posted it on Facebook to let people know. Did I want to see it? absolutely not, but Im grateful that they let people know who otherwise might not have found out for some time. 

Their definitely needs to be a middle ground regarding this topic. I don't think it warrants being against the rules, more so some exposure restrictions in place. Such as making it against the rules to pose as "parents" posting it on FB. 

+-1 on this. Im on the fence and intrigued as to where this will be taken.

my character suffered enough trauma to contemplate ending his life, I'm gonna give him a decent end and create a scene about jumping off the rooftop to also give LEOs some rp!

sorry what's that? a random passerby in a supercar is pming me that they do not consent to watching me end my character's life? guess I gotta keep playing my character...