Realism vs. Conservative LS

babygoat

THAT'S RIGHT, THIS IS AN ISSUE AND YOU SHOULD JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST CONSERVATIVES AND FASCISTS

VOTE LUCA GIRALDI, JOIN THE FIGHT

https://face.gta.world/posts/310048

okay now jokes aside, it's the moment to assume LS will never be a decent portrayal of LA, not even close to accurate, not just in this, but in crimerate are countless other things. 

don't enter the game thinking you'll find LA or act like you're at LA. You're at Los Santos, and you should adapt to this context because it's not gonna change any time soon.

Richer parties tend to be made up of older chars, which are more likely to make comments regardless of the side of the isle they find themselves in, that's just older people in a nutshell, they don't give a fuck.

as for clubs, no idea don't go. 

Outside of realism, I think it just comes down to the dynamics of legal and illegal characters on here. There's rarely a middle ground with character ideology on either side, from what I've seen.

In that case, it's not really about people overrepresenting bigotry in LS, or self-inserting their own beliefs - even if that does happen occasionally. In general, it's harder to find someone involved in organized crime (which is where a lot of the IC hate stems from) that's also a political moderate. I figure there's also more gangsters on the server than regular civilians, which is why it stands out.

The OP’s gut feeling is onto something.  They’re right and it’s chiefly a self-insert problem.   Let’s not pretend like it’s not.   Regrettably, it has always chiefly been self-insert and, equally unfortunate, it always will be. 

Roleplay has been and continues to be, to a substantial degree, a conduit through which to express edgy or fringe beliefs.  Some don’t realize how much roleplay is serving as a conduit for their fringe beliefs; others are quite intentional about it and allow it to serve as conduit.  Some try to disguise it by couching their behaviour as trolling; others are quite open about it.  

• Upvote 1
On 12/5/2022 at 2:08 PM, TommyX said:

I think this is an IC issue. We are not in Los Angeles...

i agree with you but try telling that to everyone else and the continuity rule that states los santos replaces los angeles

which makes no sense because los angeles is a major city and this server's los santos is a 2 square mile west coast neighbourhood that floated away from mainland and took all of society's rejects with it

• Upvote 2
On 11/30/2022 at 1:19 PM, K0range4 said:

I think it’s less about the fact that your character is gay or about “conservatism,” and more about the fact that a lot of players like to spark conflict and will use any hook to do so. And typically they want to fight, rob, or kill. Any other more subtle form of harassment or confrontation is not as interesting. You know, flanderization and all that.

i didn't think much of this until the other night when i saw a gang of men chase/beat a woman in the street for calling another woman a whore in a club, then shoot another woman dead for calling 911, there's a clip of it out there as well

i assume this kind of unnecessary escalation happens all the time, people always seem to be charged up for a fight

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I've encountered multiple situations similar to this,

I have a character which is a very large Russian man inside of an organized crime group, upon hanging out with friends I'll often see Davis / Strawberry gang members all around the map from Vespucci to Vinewood trying to pick fights with us, or going around acting like they're invincible / some type of mafia bosses. Portrayal of certain factions all lies with leadership, and if leadership allows these behaviors to happen.

You aren't going to see street gang members attempting to pick fights with men way older then them that aren't gang members, and potentially even physically more fit because they have a firearm, gang members in real life with firearms aren't going around trying to attract attention to them when they're carrying a firearm.

A lot of individuals come from DM servers in these factions, or are only seeking an excuse to use their 130+hp stack + automatic firearms to shoot someone for offending them in any slight way, rather than attempting to avoid a fight. Myself personally? My character is in an OCG and he actually prefers NOT to start issues, rather to make friendly connections with individuals around the server. It's a game at the end of the day, and there's a lot of kids and trolls that aren't here to provide good roleplay portrayal / quality, therefore what do I say? anytime you're in a situation with those individuals? just remove yourself, allow them to punch your character, call your character all the names, of course rp getting hit, although it's best just to move on and not associate with them again. 

I'll constantly have individuals like this attempting to provoke myself because they have a YBN server DM mindset and don't like to see people genuinely enjoying their roleplay. Post a RPQM report and don't let these individuals ruin your experience. I do hope that jail time on the server is extended for firearm related crimes, and possession of illegal firearms. This would not only promote roleplay within the jail, although would also make those with firearms not walk around like rambo if he was born in East LA with a hunger for obtaining / looting firearms. 

Edited by Narco
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I do not want to call a fraction of the upper class society on this server cunts, but for the most part, yeah, they are asswipes and they probably self insert their feelings into the game, I cannot confirm that though. I just have intuition, you see?

Anyways, my main character is trans, and I am trans myself, so I can properly portray her and I'm gonna be real with you here. Never have I had any issue with actual quality factions on this server. The bikers, organized crime, certain gangs have all treated her as just another character without unnecessary comments, hate and uncomfortable discussions. This is because I surround myself with quality players instead of hanging out at what you mentioned - high end parties and what not. I am not trying to give you shit here for going to these parties though, please don't get me wrong. I feel for you not being able to properly portray a character without prejudice, because being a transfem in real life, I came across people like that. And whilst they're not always dangerous or a pain in the ass to deal with (can be ignored), the fact that they just exist and you being you is some kind of problem to them is making me feel sad for their sorry lives. But this isn't about me and my real life experiences, just putting it out there that yeah, I understand you, friend.

But where I am going with this? Basically this server has had a long term issue on both sides here. A part of the high end party scene has always been a bunch of stuck up cunts and roleplaying with them has been about as exciting as sliding your balls across a mile of broken glass. But then also, and this is coming from a member of the alphabet mafia... the way the LGBTQ+ whatever else there is now community has been portrayed by many players has been utterly disrespectful, unrealistic, fetishized and disgusting. I saw it all, from women who have been on HRT for 6 years who were still able to get fully erect and ejaculate to 19 inch futanaris, the shit people have roleplayed on this server has probably given me PTSD. And it's not just trans people, it's also gays who have been portrayed as overly flamboyant, annoying male bimbos. It's also lesbians being portrayed as boring thots, who sometimes happen to have unrealistic strength and the personalities of alpha males. Everyone who is queer has had a fair share of shit portrayal on this server.

Unfortunately this behavior is therefore realistic. There is a SMALL annoying portion of the LGBTQ+ community who is giving me and other queer people a bad rep IRL. And just like that, there are characters who are getting hate even though they are not the same fetishized, weird characters that people are used to on this server. They're just people living normal lives, doing normal shit without spitting into everyone's face as they yell something like "I'M FUCKING GAYYYYYYYY!".

To avoid this, I suggest you simply surround yourself with better communities, you can even take this IC because why would you go to the same spots you've been to now if they were harassing you? It would not make sense. Find places that are normal, not even LGBT friendly or accepting, but places which have normal roleplayers who have a little bit of brain inside of their head. It's sounds ridiculous but I swear "onna dead homies cuh" if you find the right places and the right people to play with, you will not get any of this treatment. It's amazing how many bikers, for example, are the chillest and most lovable characters on this server. I've never seen a quality MC faction kick a Player out of their establishment because they "looked like a fuckin' fag" or something along those lines. And I am not just saying MCs are the good guys here, there are a lot of good players in this community. You just happened to find yourself under an apple tree with all the rotten, disgusting apples. Walk on over a few minutes and you'll find the good stuff though!

To summarize, I don't want to put it this way because this is pretty much what I stand against now - dividing the community. We should be sticking together and chilling. But unfortunately, since you mentioned only being here for a few months, as a Player who joined in 2018 the best advice I can give you is that some people are just not worth wasting your time on, and some places are not worth going to on the map. Because roleplaying there is like getting immediate stage 4 cancer. Good luck on your journey.

Edited by hentai!
grammar and what not
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1