Player Reports Section

K3V

53 minutes ago, Adv said:

Hey, i'll give a quick timeline of events

July: **Player combat logs**

July: **Player gets reported**

July: **Player gets permbanned for another report**

September: **Player gets unbanned on a final warning**

September: **Report gets answered (admin handling wasnt able to handle, so I handled), they'd been unbanned and i spoke to the player and added it to their record, but when theyve already promised to be on their best behaviour,

I'm not going to ban them for something that was committed after the second chance has been given - on this occasion. That's not a precedent i'll set for future final warnings - if it was something that was done AFTER the unban they'd be banned already.

I should have clarified that more! 

That is indeed valuable information but also shows the inherent flaw in the system. Someone apparently had ignored so many second chances or committed such an egregious offense they got 'permabanned', yet only two months later they're back. That shows a level of leniency that proves a permaban on GTA:W means little to nothing. In my opinion (yeah, I know, just an opinion) a permaban should be permanent. An appealable ban though, should have a time before appeal duration of six or twelve months to have any sort of meaning.

Edit, to clarify: Of course there's always exceptions that don't need to be set in stone, like people not responding to forum reports, those can be banned and dealt with in appeals.

Edited by Triple Seven
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Westen said:

I'd like to see more consistency in terms of punishment issued. It appears there's no consistency and people can lie to admins on reports and get warnings, whereas first time offenders get admin jails for something that wasn't malicious.

Lying to the admins should lead to a ban period.

9 hours ago, K3V said:

Shoutout to the admin team members who have practically cleared the reports section fucking hats off to you! Lets hope that your hard work remains and others follow in your example.

6 hours ago, ZaE said:

Admin team put in that fucking work. Love to yall niggas no cap

A handful of support staff came through also and worked behind the scenes doing a lot of the leg work for us admins which resulted in the reports being handled much quicker, so massive shout-out to them too.  🙏

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 1:30 AM, DasFroggy said:

Don't hesitate with the firm consequences for rule breaking or passive aggressive back and forth. Permanent bans should be strictly permanent, with anything less being explicitly and unquestionably explained as temporary. Specifically, if the admin says "permanent", it should not be possible to appeal unless it can be proven that a rulebreak did not occur.

We get these numerous reports because problem players that block wipe with the justification of those ten people being "wRoNg pLaCe wrONg tImE bRO" get a permanent ban of three minutes after getting punished for it eighteen times. We'd have to deal with significantly less reports if the problem players were actually handled instead of allowed to repeat their offenses over and over again.

This isn't really true though. Punishments are up to admin discretion and are as such inconsistent.

What one person does and gets punished for might not extend to someone else who does the exact same thing.

On 10/14/2022 at 7:50 PM, sio said:

This isn't really true though. Punishments are up to admin discretion and are as such inconsistent.

What one person does and gets punished for might not extend to someone else who does the exact same thing.

But it absolutely should if there's precedent otherwise it leads to players being confused. I've seen countless players get away (whilst a seldom few are punished) with blatantly DMing cops just because they had committed a murder 10 minutes earlier but were just being pulled over for a traffic violation. If you had just committed a murder and you thought there was a warrant/bolo out for you why in fuck's name are you driving around like nothing happened? Wouldn't you want to skip town for a few days, or at least not be seen outdoors, drawing attention to yourself? It absolutely baffles me how players get away with this bullshit excuse time and time again.

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
6 hours ago, Moonsong said:

But it absolutely should if there's precedent otherwise it leads to players being confused. I've seen countless players get away with blatantly DMing cops just because they had committed a murder 10 minutes earlier but were just being pulled over for a traffic violation. If you had just committed a murder and you thought there was a warrant/bolo out for you why in fuck's name are you driving around like nothing happened? Wouldn't you want to skip town for a few days, or at least not be seen outdoors, drawing attention to yourself? It absolutely baffles me how players get away with this bullshit excuse time and time again.

I agree solely on the basis that if two people are getting in trouble for the same thing then the punishment should be consistent, otherwise it's just confusing.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic