Facebrowser & it's current state

Yoak

1 hour ago, Yoak said:

What is your opinions? Do not derail 🙂

FB is full of posts in categories that I personally, or my character(s), aren't interested in. Are they annoying? Yes. Do I care? Not really. Move on or report if they're breaking rules.

• Applaud 1
11 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

There are so many pictures posted by gang members that show them displaying with their, often, illegally possessed firearms, including up to assault rifles and the pictures nor the account gets suspended. Some of them even post their killings.

Then again, if nobody reports them, it's not FB Moderation's fault for not filtering illegal content on the site. Same goes to nudity and all that.

Posting pictures with firearms isn't a crime. You can do that on Facebook, Instagram, MySpace too. We're roleplaying a US state at the end of the day. Killings? Sure, huge no go. But whining about pictures with guns is just hilarious.

@Selena 

Is there a way to block people without having to visit their page? Maybe when simply hovering over their name with the mouse in that little preview window? Maybe even a “Block” page where you can type a username in and block/unblock them from there. Even more simple allow the option to block someone directly from their posts. If you see their post on your discover timeline, you can click that little arrow and hit block. No harm no foul. That would go a long way. Lots of them get a notification you visited their page and then realize they are blocked, which provokes them further to be e-hard. Many people don’t want to interact with those pages at all but don’t have a choice if they want to block them. So it’s hard to not interact on some level, which causes issues on its own. 

Edited by Zerosum
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
10 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Posting pictures with firearms isn't a crime. You can do that on Facebook, Instagram, MySpace too. We're roleplaying a US state at the end of the day. Killings? Sure, huge no go. But whining about pictures with guns is just hilarious.

Let's keep it respectful. IFM and FB made amends and we allow this and have done for probably the best part of a year. So let's keep it at that 🙂

• Applaud 1
9 minutes ago, Zerosum said:

@Selena 

Is there a way to block people without having to visit their page? Maybe when simply hovering over their name with the mouse in that little preview window? Maybe even a “Block” page where you can type a username in and block/unblock them from there. That would go a long way. Lots of them get a notification you visited and then realize they are blocked, which provokes them further to be e-hard. Many people don’t want to interact with those pages at all but don’t have a choice if they want to block them. So it’s hard to not interact on some level, which causes issues on its own. 

I'll forward it to Development!

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

I think it's a terrible decision to not ICly moderate the site. The report button doesn't have brackets so it should be IC, yet it's taken OOC, apparently. Moderators getting issues IC? Don't reveal you are one, and there is no way anyone could come after you. Going after one is also very petty and wouldn't be a regular thing considering it's hard to find people in a large city and what's the point, they just did their job anyway. It's basically deathmatching if that ever were to happen, except maybe in rare cases.

small amendment: of course the privacy of players would have to be guaranteed, so IC full access to a moderation team is likely not plausible. And with a cheaply bought CMS like FB runs on, I reckon it's difficult, so likely would need custom coding, but in essence, I am of the opinion to moderate at least posts ICly.

Edited by Triple Seven
1 minute ago, Triple Seven said:

I think it's a terrible decision to not ICly moderate the site. The report button doesn't have brackets so it should be IC, yet it's taken OOC, apparently. Moderators getting issues IC? Don't reveal you are one, and there is no way anyone could come after you. Going after one is also very petty and wouldn't be a regular thing considering it's hard to find people in a large city and what's the point, they just did their job anyway. It's basically deathmatching if that ever were to happen, except maybe in rare cases.

We shall agree to disagree, however, if you've by chance missed my comment, please do familiarise yourself with the fact a lot of OOC information is inside your actual account and in no way should it be taken IC.

Your UCP, IP, Logs of sessions, Purchases etc. It's supposed to be super strict for a reason - however, we can implement brackets around the report button to clear up some confusion 🙂

4 minutes ago, Selena said:

I'll forward it to Development!

Thanks. If that were the case, then there’s really nothing to complain about. I can block people I don’t like. One other thing to consider is if someone is blocked, they shouldn’t be able to view the page they were blocked from or their posts, even in the Discover section. I’m fairly certain that’s how it is on Facebook. As far as I know, all blocking does is prevent you from seeing them. They can still post on your page and you now can’t see it. Sort of counterproductive to the function. You know?

Edited by Zerosum
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Selena said:

We shall agree to disagree, however, if you've by chance missed my comment, please do familiarise yourself with the fact a lot of OOC information is inside your actual account and in no way should it be taken IC.

Your UCP, IP, Logs of sessions, Purchases etc. It's supposed to be super strict for a reason - however, we can implement brackets around the report button to clear up some confusion 🙂

Yeah I amended slightly already. I understand that part and I think it's helpful to add brackets so it's clear to everyone that the report button only has an OOC function 👍.

• Upvote 1
  • Selena locked this topic