Would a different (separate) GTA: World "Light Text RP" server be beneficial?

Mistery14

8 minutes ago, Van said:

Time and resources.

Limited.

People keep asking the same here quoting me. I've been asked a question as a member of this community and this is the answer. I've come here to get a heavy roleplaying experience, not to suffer because the already busy administration team has to look after a "light roleplay server" as well. As an entirely different project irrelevant to GtaW which doesn't suck it's resources? Yeah, why not. But as a part of it? It isn't needed.

Your acting like the other server can't have different administration and stuff handling things like the rest of the other built GTAW servers for different languages. 

It all depends on how its implemented. If you're considering to take rules like metagaming, RPQM, and deathmatching away, ease up on the application process for server access but also for things like properties, you'll probably have an easy time finding enough players to make it work. Remember, GTAW is limiting itself a lot by its application process and its strict rules. The more you move towards GTA Online, the bigger the potential audience becomes. Though, you'll get more competition as well of course.

It'll work if you do it right, but the question becomes, is it worth the effort? Might be, depending on implementation.

• Upvote 2

everybody has already said it, if you think it gets any ''easier'' than this in terms of text based roleplay then im afraid text based roleplay might just not be for you, a secondary server would only mean much more work for the staff team and it would most likely just be dmingz only on there 😄

Edited by djodjo
6 hours ago, djodjo said:

everybody has already said it, if you think it gets any ''easier'' than this in terms of text based roleplay then im afraid text based roleplay might just not be for you, a secondary server would only mean much more work for the staff team and it would most likely just be dmingz only on there 😄

You'd be surprised to see how simpler and easier RP can be broken down into than this. I don't personally find it difficult at all to RP here, but for someone who might be new to the concept of RP it can get overwhelming to learn the complexity of Heavy-RP. An actual separate Light-RP server would ease people into the concept without shoving it in their face from the get-go.

I'd much rather have a separate Light-RP server being a "Learning server" than having the Heavy-RP suffer from it, don't you agree?

7 hours ago, Actualbear said:

I'll admit, with a daily contemplation of most interactions between all sides of RPers here, the server would already show itself as being light rp.

It depends how you see it and how you roleplay yourself honestly.

I mean, GTA World does make use of a few Light-RP mechanics like scrolling small weapons and melee weapons. But it's really not a "Light-RP" server by any means in itself. The playerbase however? You can argue that a good chunk (but not all) of the playerbase plays GTA: World like a Light-RP server, because they can get away with providing the bare minimum for roleplay. I mean, if the bare minimum works for them, they're not going to change to give anything more than that so why should they?

I'm not going to go into this because it's a different topic but still, I can see what you mean.

• Mistery14 changed the title to Would a different (separate) GTA: World "Light Text RP" server be beneficial?
5 hours ago, Mistery14 said:

You'd be surprised to see how simpler and easier RP can be broken down into than this. I don't personally find it difficult at all to RP here, but for someone who might be new to the concept of RP it can get overwhelming to learn the complexity of Heavy-RP. An actual separate Light-RP server would ease people into the concept without shoving it in their face from the get-go.

I'd much rather have a separate Light-RP server being a "Learning server" than having the Heavy-RP suffer from it, don't you agree?

but what exactly is overwhelming about it though? you portray a character even if you choke and dont know what to rp you can 100% get away with roleplaying /me smiles and /me shrugs etc, as long as you have a basic grasp of the english language you will be completely fine on this server

i see what you're getting at though, personally i feel like the uh NPCs of the roleplay make the world more immersive 😄 seperating the playerbase wouldn't be beneficial in my eyes, i want to see more people not less even if the average level of said people might be considered ''light RP''

2 hours ago, djodjo said:

but what exactly is overwhelming about it though? you portray a character even if you choke and dont know what to rp you can 100% get away with roleplaying /me smiles and /me shrugs etc, as long as you have a basic grasp of the english language you will be completely fine on this server

i see what you're getting at though, personally i feel like the uh NPCs of the roleplay make the world more immersive 😄 seperating the playerbase wouldn't be beneficial in my eyes, i want to see more people not less even if the average level of said people might be considered ''light RP''

You and I both don't see it as overwhelming - So far so good, the problem is that not everyone is going to be as receptive to Heavy RP like we are. It's not just a matter of /me and /do when it comes to Heavy RP as you know. Heavy RP by nature encourages character development, realistic RP and it's these aspects and expectations that may be overwhelming for new players and Light-RPers alike.

As for the playerbase separation, well it's not like these people can't still hop onto Heavy RP GTA World, even right now - Anyone can go through the application process and still join, at the end of the day it'd be less about separating the players and more to provide them some choice as to what their preferences of RP are.

Of course all of it is hypothetical and I don't think it's happening either way, again just interesting to discuss.