Please make rules on random mask wearing.

chingona

Sounds like an obvious IC issue more than anything. If a character is wearing all black and a jacket with a mask in summer weather for no discernible reason? RPQM is there for a reason. Wearing a mask in public is not illegal in of itself in the United States, although it would obviously cause suspicion and a nearly guaranteed police/security interaction. People do all kinds of dumb shit on this server and someone wearing a mask is very low on the totem pole. People wear different kinds of mask irl, not even including Covid. 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, voucher said:

Sounds like an obvious IC issue more than anything. 

Is it really an IC issue though? Are these players specifically portraying their characters as wearing masks, with all the discomforts that go with it? Or... are there a lot of players who aren't really interested in portrayal and just want to take advantage of the systems that are out there? 

Disregarding masks and gloves, at one point does a small issue become a serious issue? If the advice here is to RPQM report each of these players, you, I and @i dont wanna od in LA all know that we'd be flooding them with reports. Well, not you and him of course, because I doubt youre ready to file all those reports. I don't think its something that needs to be micromanaged either, but I hope you do see the trends and behaviors of players that try every single trick in the book in order to get an advantage over everyone else. You see it with cars, dirtbikes, robbery roleplay, looting, roleplaying weapons, etc etc. Lets not pretend there is not a problem by finding random YouTube videos that show a few people doing certain things, and then use that as an excuse to serve off arguments presented here.

This is an OOC issue. There's a subset of players that engage in these sorts of actions non-stop, and it would be nice if that can at least be acknowledged, even if there aren't immediate solutions beyond making this server's experience one big library of rulebooks.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Is it really an IC issue though? Are these players specifically portraying their characters as wearing masks, with all the discomforts that go with it? Or... are there a lot of players who aren't really interested in portrayal and just want to take advantage of the systems that are out there? 

Disregarding masks and gloves, at one point does a small issue become a serious issue? If the advice here is to RPQM report each of these players, you, I and @i dont wanna od in LA all know that we'd be flooding them with reports. Well, not you and him of course, because I doubt youre ready to file all those reports. I don't think its something that needs to be micromanaged either, but I hope you do see the trends and behaviors of players that try every single trick in the book in order to get an advantage over everyone else. You see it with cars, dirtbikes, robbery roleplay, looting, roleplaying weapons, etc etc. Lets not pretend there is not a problem by finding random YouTube videos that show a few people doing certain things, and then use that as an excuse to serve off arguments presented here.

This is an OOC issue. There's a subset of players that engage in these sorts of actions non-stop, and it would be nice if that can at least be acknowledged, even if there aren't immediate solutions beyond making this server's experience one big library of rulebooks.

You’re right, I’m not going to waste my time filing an RPQM report on someone for wearing a mask in the middle of summer, because I could care less and that’s the point. It’s really not a problem because it’s not something that can easily be taken advantage of, if you see someone down the street walking or driving towards you with a ski mask on, you generally get your guard up and act accordingly, both irl and in game. The majority of the time that I see someone randomly walking around masked, they either have a motorcycle helmet on or it’s for some kind of costume, or you’re immediately about to get robbed/shot. 

• Upvote 1

It's a free country we're roleplaying in. If you suspect someone of committing a crime then call the cops, they're there for a reason. If you want to roleplay a Karen and get in someone's face over wearing a mask then once again, free country, you do you. Don't take it OOC. 

People do wear masks IRL even in extreme heat because they have reasons. Shitty air, insecurities or dislike towards one's facial features (examples: transfem people hiding their facial hair shadow, people with acne, people with other severe skin problems etc.) and such. They don't get cops called on themselves or people approaching them to ask questions as long as they do not conduct any suspicious operations in an area.

If someone's masked and a troll, report them. If someone's masked and not doing shit, then act in character. Either leave them be, confront them, call the cops on them if they're sus, or get out of the area because you're scared they might do something bad. There is no need to moderate this OOC, there is already a rule regarding this stating masks should be used in realistic scenarios. Your character simply wanting to wear a mask is realistic. You can't do shit about it, it's a valid reason.

18 minutes ago, voucher said:

You’re right, I’m not going to waste my time filing an RPQM report on someone for wearing a mask in the middle of summer, because I could care less and that’s the point. It’s really not a problem because it’s not something that can easily be taken advantage of, if you see someone down the street walking or driving towards you with a ski mask on, you generally get your guard up and act accordingly, both irl and in game. The majority of the time that I see someone randomly walking around masked, they either have a motorcycle helmet on or it’s for some kind of costume, or you’re immediately about to get robbed/shot. 

Play in Davis a little more then, you'll see what the OP is talking about.

4 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Play in Davis a little more then, you'll see what the OP is talking about.

That's your problem, you're in Davis.

All jokes aside, how is anyone supposed to take this IC when both lawmakers and law enforcement are quite literally playing with their hands tied behind their back and a chain around their leg attached to a big, heavy ball. 

Just now, sCrax said:

You guys are going frantic over someone wearing a ski mask but won't say shit about half the server rocking cat ears 24/7. 

I've been playing here since 2017 and I've only seen two people unironically wear cat ears before as opposed to the many players you'll see standing around as if they're members of the Taliban, it's super weird.

• Applaud 1
  • hipsxn locked this topic