Illegal Vehicle Performance Mods

AdamZZ

35 minutes ago, Reece? said:

I'd happily support this on the condition that the current vehicles are all slowed down. If we are to increase the performance of vehicles then I believe lowering the current top speed overall would benefit this type of suggestion. Having ALL vehicles across the board nerfed, that meaning illegal & legal then implementing some sort of illegal modifications to vehicles would be fine. 

Or we can do smth else, the illegal modifications can be requested with an application, a really good reasoning and all should be put together for this

Here's what I'm thinking.

Most of the complaints are about making sure that people actually RP these cars.

What if we made a sub-catagory for staff. For example, we'd have people that handle vehicle specified requests. To ensure that people getting these powerful cars are actually decent Rpers? 
Back in my MTA days most servers would have a Vehicle Management Team. Why don't we just introduce a team that handles vehicles? Modifies and develops different players vehicles depending on what they need / want.. Or. Leave them as basic - All down to a request made by a player?

• Applaud 1

Just split the current mods available at garages into legal and illegal ones. The legal ones are like engine level 1-2 and illegal would be 3-4. Not only do we get less smokey nagatas but we also get more illegal street racing rp or whatever 

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, Rushing said:

Just split the current mods available at garages into legal and illegal ones. The legal ones are like engine level 1-2 and illegal would be 3-4. Not only do we get less smokey nagatas but we also get more illegal street racing rp or whatever 

Genius level resolve that

• Upvote 1
On 7/16/2022 at 11:50 PM, Perstephone said:

The very great majority of people IRL would never even be in a car going 100mph let alone driving and being able to handle those speeds. 

As a German, I can only laugh at that sentence.

I am not a car guy in any way, nor do I have much knowledge of cars but it was no problem for me to drive/handle over 180 MPH many times when I still had my old car.

100MPH here is pretty normal when you drive on the passing lane and even my grandma with 83 years of age drives over 100MPH multiple times in the week, so that argument is complete bullshit, sorry.

But yea non the less I think it would be a good I dea to have illegal mods, HOWEVER as stated before there are enough fast cars already and the majority of these guys driving those fast cars don't rp properly when they crash as what I've seen on the server so far, so I gonna say NO to the suggestion when it comes to speed tuning.

7 hours ago, AVAR said:

As a German, I can only laugh at that sentence.

I am not a car guy in any way, nor do I have much knowledge of cars but it was no problem for me to drive/handle over 180 MPH many times when I still had my old car.

100MPH here is pretty normal when you drive on the passing lane and even my grandma with 83 years of age drives over 100MPH multiple times in the week, so that argument is complete bullshit, sorry.

But yea non the less I think it would be a good I dea to have illegal mods, HOWEVER as stated before there are enough fast cars already and the majority of these guys driving those fast cars don't rp properly when they crash as what I've seen on the server so far, so I gonna say NO to the suggestion when it comes to speed tuning.

Perhaps that would be relevant if the game was set in Germany, no? 100 mph is 160 kmh you're saying that as average American citizens it should be entirely normal to drive at near NASCAR speeds. There is no autobahn in LS bro. I also call bullshit at you regularly driving and handling fine at 290 kilometres per hour in your day to day life. 

A quick google search says the average speed on the autobahn, widely accepted as the place you go to drive fast is 125 kmh which is 77 mph. In fact the top ten speeds ever reached on the autobahn starts at 192 mph. That's the number yen fastest speed ever recorded. So you can laugh and talk about how you're literally one of the fastest drivers in the world all you want, but the data is there. 

The idea that average American citizens in a busy built up city regularly go faster than people driving on a road that is world famous for allowing you to go fast is ridiculous. I don't know if people just forget mph and kmh are not the same thing or what but I stand by my point. NASCAR sits at around 200 mph. It would be absolutely fucking ridiculous to have cars in GTAW go faster than they already do. 

Edited by Perstephone
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

I would only agree with the condition that this would be only applicable to vehicles that are not in the meta so to speak, in other words, already too fast. Basically only for vehicles to actually make them more competitive against vehicles that are currently some of the fastest. Otherwise, I disagree. I do not want to experience hour long pursuits just because some numbnut decides to take his "race" car for a spin while ignoring every single law there is, that does not make my roleplay enjoyable.

On the topic of 100MPH, that's a cruising speed for me on motorways in Ireland. You can easily handle any normal car at these speeds, not counting economic shit boxes and budget cars.

I regularly go up to 130MPH (200KMH) and its fine, but my car is also modified.

But one thing to consider is GTA 5 speeds are not comparable to IRL in any shape or form. 100MPH feels like 50MPH irl imo.

+1. This would make chopping cars worth it so much more. Especially if we have a command such as /vmods where we can add/remove vehicle mods as actual inventory items so when you added/removed an illegal mod from the vehicle, you could resell it or add it to another vehicle.