OOC nicknames, profiles and pictures should be free of controversial topics

OOC nicknames, profiles and pictures should be free of controversial topics  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Piepstem said:

It certainly is a western-centric view and that you mention ''the facts of history'' reaffirms this. Again, I am not interested in holding a debate with people that strive to avert the topic from the issue at hand that has been mentioned in the thread and has been mentioned over and over again in the chat again.

Yes, because acknowledging the fact that 65 Million people died as a result mass deportations, forced labor camps and police-state terror under the exact same men your glorifying on your profile is having a "western-centric view". I'm sure the thousands of historians who have made their careers documenting these cases for the last 100 years are just trying to promote a "western-centric view". It's not like these regimes left thousands of documents and millions of witnesses that can confirm these events happened.

Your profile is akin to having young Hitler as the PFP and having Goebbels, Goring and Himmler as a profile banner.

Edited by Trupiano
  • Upvote 4
Just now, Trupiano said:

Yes, because acknowledging the fact that 65 Million people died as a result mass deportations, forced labor camps and police-state terror under the exact same men your glorifying on your profile is having a "western-centric view". I'm sure the thousands of historians who have made their careers documenting these cases for the last 100 years are just trying to promote "western-centric view". It's not like these regimes left thousands of documents and millions of witnesses that can confirm these events happened.

Your profile is akin to having young Hitler as the PFP and having Goebbels, Goring and Himmler as a profile banner.

My profile picture is a democratically elected Chinese Prime Minister, that is not the same as young Hitler at all. The fact that you are making an appeal to authority and using weasel words / anonymous authority when you refer to these ''thousands of historians'' makes your argument even worse. 

17 minutes ago, remainlowkey said:

In this context, its not a hate symbol. Dont talk about stuff you dont know about. The video it's taken from is not even racist, so I fail to understand where you're coming from.

That is not the moon man he is referring to, buddy. Stop trying to be an apologist.

• Wuhtah locked this topic