Restricted faction concept on Nortenos

Artist

20 hours ago, K0range4 said:

And if a Norteno gang was allowed on the outside, could members that entered the prison system be accepted under “the other car?”

I haven't really heard anything about Nortenos rolling with the others car while locked up so I don't think so 

21 hours ago, K0range4 said:

Fair points for the jail. I don’t have any experience there, and I understand how it might be problematic for the jail specifically. 

In your jail experience, is the issue that La Eme would be forced to attack nortenos on an IC basis? And if a Norteno gang was allowed on the outside, could members that entered the prison system be accepted under “the other car?”

Tons of Nortenos have cliqued up with Natives and Asians, before. That's how it'd probably work, as they are not a "Southsider". Otherwise, they'd P.C. up.

41 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Tons of Nortenos have cliqued up with Natives and Asians, before. That's how it'd probably work, as they are not a "Southsider". Otherwise, they'd P.C. up.

In CDCR Northerners only will clique up with the africans. Others are civilians that usually will be anyone that's not white / black / northern mex / southern mex. Usually the paisas will fall under the others until they have enough numbers to branch off, same with the asians. Others are mainly polyneisnan in california prisons (tongan/samoan) and asians. I think the only time I personally have ever seen the northerners ride with an other was because one of them was Muslim so he had to associate with the nation of islam which mainly was full of african americans / middle eastern individuals, but mainly africans. 

Can kind of see the crowd here. 

Edited by Narco
On 7/8/2022 at 5:10 AM, Chuckles said:

I think this would have been good had it been tried a lot earlier in the server's existence. Areas like Paleto Bay and Grapeseed bare a lot of Nor-Cal inspired comparisons, it's just that the server lore seems to be set in stone and follows a Southern-Californian dominant portrayal. Paleto Bay, by resemblance, seems to be loosely stimulated around areas north of the Bay Area if you take into consideration areas like the redwood forest. An argument could be made that the name 'Paleto Bay' is partially inspired by Pelican Bay State Prison. In grapeseed, it's more comparable to farming towns and other northern areas like the Salinas Valley, these locations are what would make the most sense from an equivalency perspective i.e. California to San Andreas. The dynamic could have been good in its infant stage, but I think we're too far gone to be removing 5 years worth of culture.

I think in general concepts are gatekept too much, but there's justification for gatekeeping concepts like this or we'd have surenos and nortenos traveling back and forth based on how out of date most people are with modernization, it'd be red rags vs blue rags like it was on LSRP in and around 2007-2010 before it was restricted too. I think we're well beyond any of this now considering a lot of the server's fundamentals are based on old server's Southern California dominant stance, which was mostly because of map limitations. GTA V is much less restrictive and could have had a stage of trial and error but I'd say the people enforcing the server lore are probably content with the fixture. There's been a few Nor-Cal dominant factions on the server both past and present which have been relatively continuative and lasting, FAIM for one.

It'd be a breath of fresh air, but I'd say you're fighting a losing battle here. The restrictions at present are too heavy. If they can't start new motorcycle clubs, specific organized crime factions or generally most concepts that 'don't make sense in Southern California' then I can't see this ever being a thing under this enforcement.

Going to be honest maybe I am missing something. I've been to the redwood forest and spent plenty of time in the Bay area for work and vacationed and travel to SoCal more than once. I don't see the resemblance at all and genuinely confused how you are making this comparison especially the redwood forest. I mean redwood forest named after redwood trees are absolute giant trees along with Sequoia. There is nothing like that in San Andreas. From what I can find online and on the wikis the areas you described they are based on small towns inland up farther up the coast from LA but no where near the Bay Area. 

On 7/8/2022 at 6:59 PM, Xaleya said:

I will try acting like a dick.

I will create a Norteño faction for having natural enemies, sureños. So I don't need a real reason for shooting them rather than discovering they are sureños. Since we have a natural and historical grudge/conflict over the years due the naturality of our factions/history. So I will have a nice highway to do DM with no repercussions.

That's one of the issues.<

-someone who probably never rpd in a gang faction before

12 hours ago, Power said:

Going to be honest maybe I am missing something. I've been to the redwood forest and spent plenty of time in the Bay area for work and vacationed and travel to SoCal more than once. I don't see the resemblance at all and genuinely confused how you are making this comparison especially the redwood forest. I mean redwood forest named after redwood trees are absolute giant trees along with Sequoia. There is nothing like that in San Andreas. From what I can find online and on the wikis the areas you described they are based on small towns inland up farther up the coast from LA but no where near the Bay Area. 

I'm not saying it's a complete representation, I'm saying there's a very good case that Grapeseed and Paleto are loosely inspired on some Northern Californian towns and artefacts, there's an argument there for those who want to roleplay Nortenos in these areas. Like mentioned in the post, they're inspired by cities north of the Bay Area, essentially a generic central valley. Go to the Paleto Forrest and you'll see a lot of the comparisons to Redwood, nothing's going to be adumbration, I'm saying Northern California based factions have a compelling case to base their factions here. Nortenos wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility here, because it's much more justifiable. I'm not going by the gta wiki, I'm going by what I see. This is a personal assessment, take it with a grain of salt.

It's my opinion that Grapeseed's based on farming lands and Bakersfield. I'm not talking 1:1 here, I'm saying it's quite obvious there's been inspiration taken from areas like this.

Paleto is obviously inspired by Northern California. I say this because of the name, Paleto Bay (Pelican Bay State Prison) and the Paleto Forest both being connected here. Maybe you could call your work friend, David Attenborough, and help us get to the bottom of it. Like mentioned previously, this is a personal assessment that myself and a group of players have talked about and researched for another concept repeatedly. It's not taken from the same online wiki that tells you Patrick O'Leary is Los Angeles' most hardened criminal, so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by Chuckles

Considering we have movement on the SADCR front, norteños should soon be permitted. At least in custody. And personally I would prefer to rp the northern part of the map as NorCal, not just to allow all the northern faction concepts to have a home but also because it's pretty clearly based on it. Rockstar mapped a state, the county interpretation is strictly a GTAW invention.

The only restriction I'd place on norteños is to not permit them to have a gang faction in LS because that would be both pretty inaccurate and also unnecessarily chaotic.

• Wuhtah locked this topic