Toggle between MPH and KM/H

13 hours ago, GothAngelSinner said:

How will it benefit the server?

This will help everyone outside of the USA to be able to properly monitor their speeds more easily.

So this adds zero value to the server. And how does it make it easier to monitor speeds?

There is a number. Do not go over said number or risk being pulled over. That number's unit of measurement is consistent across the whole state. So how does it make it easier to monitor their speeds if they can switch to a unit of measurement not used?

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Timzii said:

No, there's already too much European influence within the server. People will start using km/h's icly just because they got them irl. No thanks.

2 hours ago, FJ said:

people are saying mate too 💀

bri'ish accents, bri'ish "people" 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Junx said:

England uses mph tho

18300.jpeg

4 hours ago, GothAngelSinner said:

kph-vs-mph-which-country-uses-which.jpg

Quite literally every vehicle sold in the USA has both MPH and KM/H on the speedometer. 

Regardless of whether you think metric or imperial is better is irrelevant. 

It would make the most sense to have either both, or the ability to toggle between MPH & KM/H but keep MPH as the default while only being able to switch to KM/H if you enter a command if you're really that triggered by it.

RP isn't a vehicle simulator.

As much as I love metric, lets stick to mph for the server. I'm kind of used to it and it really doesn't bother me at all. Having both kph and mph shown would be nice but I don't think it's needed.

I always interact with people using miles instead of kilometers anyway.

Seriously though. USA switch to metric. Screw imperial. 

No thank you, this below pretty much sums up my opinion on it. 

7 hours ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

So this adds zero value to the server. And how does it make it easier to monitor speeds?

There is a number. Do not go over said number or risk being pulled over. That number's unit of measurement is consistent across the whole state. So how does it make it easier to monitor their speeds if they can switch to a unit of measurement not used?

23 hours ago, GothAngelSinner said:

Quite literally every vehicle sold in the USA has both MPH and KM/H on the speedometer. 

It would make the most sense to have either both, or the ability to toggle between MPH & KM/H but keep MPH as the default while only being able to switch to KM/H if you enter a command if you're really that triggered by it.

This, however, doesn't answer my question. How is it easier for me, as an European to monitor my speed when the speed limit is in MPH but my speedometer is in KM/H?

Cars also come with turn signals irl so why don't we use them in game and ticket everyone who forgets to turn on their turn signal when turning?

On 6/19/2022 at 12:17 PM, Ouch said:

I'm sorry, as an European, how does it help me monitor my speed, when the speed limit is 60mph, and my speedometer says 100 km/h. This makes absolutely no sense. 

The speedometer is good as is. Speed limit is 60, speedometer says 60. 

So true! This suggestion wouldn't help anyone.

On 6/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, GothAngelSinner said:

You're really missing the "why?". You say it makes sense and that all cars have it. But why do we need it???? We don't! Speed limit is 60. And speedometer says 60! Logical!

What's totally not logical, is to have your speed limit be 60 and have your speedometer say 100.