Toggle between MPH and KM/H

Detailed Description

Allow for players to toggle the speedometer between either MPH or KM/H as most vehicles in America have both MPH and KM/H shown on their speedometer nowadays.

Relevant Commands/Items

/togspeedounits

How will it benefit the server?

This will help everyone outside of the USA to be able to properly monitor their speeds more easily.

• Upvote 1

Not that I’m against having both choices, but why? If the penal code says the speed limit is 50 mph, then don’t go over the number “50” on the in-game HUD since it’s in the measurement of MPH. You don’t have to calculate or monitor anything. It’s already there. 

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Brofessor said:

Not that I’m against choice, but why? If the penal code says the speed limit is 50 mph, then don’t go over the number “50” on the in-game HUD since it’s in the measurement of MPH. You don’t have to calculate or monitor anything. It’s already there. 

Because nearly every vehicle in 2022 sold in the USA has both MPH & KM/H listed on the speedometer. 

6 minutes ago, GothAngelSinner said:

Because nearly every vehicle in 2022 sold in the USA has both MPH & KM/H listed on the speedometer. 

But you wouldn’t be using both. You’d be toggled on KMH instead of MPH which is counterproductive, in my opinion. You can monitor your speed without difficulty because the units are already in MPH, which is what the penal code uses as a measurement of speed. If the HUD could display both? That would make more sense. 

Edited by Brofessor
7 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

But you wouldn’t be using both. You’d be toggled on KMH instead of MPH which is counterproductive, in my opinion. You can monitor your speed without difficulty because the units are already in MPH, which is what the penal code uses as a measurement of speed. If the HUD could display both? That would make more sense. 

The HUD is capable of displaying both given that it were scripted as such. 

Just now, GothAngelSinner said:

The HUD is capable of displaying both given that it were scripted as such. 

Then cool 😎 if it can display both at the same time, then that makes much more sense. I’m not against people using KMH so long as both are there on the HUD.