[OPINIONS/FEEDBACK] The LEASING side of Property Management

Wuhtah

1 minute ago, Wuhtah said:

We try not to make offices super expensive because that's the starting ground for many businesses. You don't earn /openbusiness there or can create anything there. There's no profit unless you get them from players via loans or whatever and we want to promote RP, not make the players go into debts.

I have already asked Nervous if paying for a blip with Panda Points was an option. It is not. That's okay though, we need to stop seeing what we can't have and think of ways to implement things where it makes everyone win. I have a few suggestions I have already forwarded to Nervous. He's a busy man, so I'm just waiting to hear back.

This isn't a thread for blip changing and I would kindly ask you to read the first post that I made. That's not going to change. The blips will be donator features and that's that. Feel free to reach out to him in a forum PM to ask, but respectfully of course. Just not on this as this is a way for me to get feedback on leases.

Could you go into detail of why it's intimidating? It asks questions for what we look for on a lease application. Do you think maybe making a forum thread that people can read through would make things better? 

We actually are VERY much for laxed for unique item businesses and businesses out on the county as these are the two types of businesses in dire need. 

As for the comic book stores and whatever else, I don't have any of those as leases. I have flower shops and food places I put up, but again, not many people want to run a business like that because of a few things that we ARE trying to fix. Getting customers and making a profit are two big ones.

But people making unique item stores is not on us, that's on them to do it if they want to!

Whilst we would hope that players would come up with their own ideas for a business, how about posting business types that PM think are missing or could add to the server?

There may be players, whose characters would be interested, but they have never thought about running a business 

• Thanks 1
Just now, TotalDeeJay said:

Whilst we would hope that players would come up with their own ideas for a business, how about posting business types that PM think are missing or could add to the server?

There may be players, whose characters would be interested, but they have never thought about running a business 

We sort of do.. but don't at the same time. In the other thread I made, I posted what the PLAYERS wanted for unique item shops. It's found under general discussions as well. There's a ton of different ideas there that anyone could take up.

PM will start posting when requests open up each time what we're not making NEW businesses of. Such as nightclubs, stripclubs, bars.

PM as a whole loves unique ideas whether it is a unique item shop, or a twist on a bar that's a different sort of concept. I think my favorite bar is a lease, but I'll keep that underwraps.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

We try not to make offices super expensive because that's the starting ground for many businesses. You don't earn /openbusiness there or can create anything there. There's no profit unless you get them from players via loans or whatever and we want to promote RP, not make the players go into debts.

I have already asked Nervous if paying for a blip with Panda Points was an option. It is not. That's okay though, we need to stop seeing what we can't have and think of ways to implement things where it makes everyone win. I have a few suggestions I have already forwarded to Nervous. He's a busy man, so I'm just waiting to hear back.

This isn't a thread for blip changing and I would kindly ask you to read the first post that I made. That's not going to change. The blips will be donator features and that's that. Feel free to reach out to him in a forum PM to ask, but respectfully of course. Just not on this as this is a way for me to get feedback on leases.

Could you go into detail of why it's intimidating? It asks questions for what we look for on a lease application. Do you think maybe making a forum thread that people can read through would make things better? 

We actually are VERY much for laxed for unique item businesses and businesses out on the county as these are the two types of businesses in dire need. 

As for the comic book stores and whatever else, I don't have any of those as leases. I have flower shops and food places I put up, but again, not many people want to run a business like that because of a few things that we ARE trying to fix. Getting customers and making a profit are two big ones.

But people making unique item stores is not on us, that's on them to do it if they want to!

In terms of what makes it intimidating, could be the initial process. Having a minimum word count could put players off, I know that in my lease requests, I have ended up practically fillabusting to make up the extra words. 

I would recommend instead of the larger open paragraph format. Replace it with a set of questions, which although would be shorter responses, times when PM need to do a side by side comparison, it makes it easier to compare 

• Thanks 1
Just now, TotalDeeJay said:

In terms of what makes it intimidating, could be the initial process. Having a minimum word count could put players off, I know that in my lease requests, I have ended up practically fillabusting to make up the extra words. 

I would recommend instead of the larger open paragraph format. Replace it with a set of questions, which although would be shorter responses, times when PM need to do a side by side comparison, it makes it easier to compare 

Leases do have a set of questions. We actually are adding in one more to add 'character backstory' as this is the major thing people miss.

Requests are the ones that do not have questions, and Lomadias is working on that to fix and tweak it so you guys have some "general" type questions to know exactly what we're wanting.

Vehicle leases I believe have two sets of questions. But if you're asking for a golf cart, I'm not going to literally count your words and make you write out 250. That's just absurd.

Something I have asked on Discord previously also, is considering allowing users more then one property lease, you can see as PM which ones are active users and are opening. Some leases are only open once a week, which would leave space for a second lease. 

• Thanks 1

I believe that a major thing that the staff should focus on is activity, there are certain players that apply for a business/house and after getting them they just don't use it. Businesses that don't open will basically gather up bills for the owner realistically and that is something we don't have here. Activity checks should be done more often in my opinion.

I am a donator and never had issues with my businesses regarding blips, but I still believe something should be provided to players who are incapable of spending irl money so they could put a blip on the map or something. 

The vehicle lease system is done nicely, I still believe that a player's financial state should declare if he can lease certain supercars or such cause once again we don't have realistic bills for vehicles so once a player buys the car and mod it everything else is free. A Pariah for example costs around 600 grand but the parts to modify the vehicle are just as cheap as a normal sedan. 

22 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

But if you're asking for a golf cart, I'm not going to literally count your words and make you write out 250. That's just absurd.

However I believe the system won't allow you to proceed without the minimum word count.

I agree, word count should be gone. The amount of words shouldn't matter - the message is all that should matter. Can I convey what I'm trying to accomplish in two paragraphs? If so - then I shouldn't be required to just use fluff words to make the minimum count.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Fergie said:

However I believe the system won't allow you to proceed without the minimum word count.

I agree, word count should be gone. The amount of words shouldn't matter - the message is all that should matter. Can I convey what I'm trying to accomplish in two paragraphs? If so - then I shouldn't be required to just use fluff words to make the minimum count.

You'd be surprised how little people can provide us with - we've had spam apps for properties and houses; and they usually entail something like "I can't think of anything else so aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" which is like... why lol...?

The entire idea behind 250 words is like a simple 2 paragraph reasoning/justification - if you one can be explaining why ICly you want the business and the other an OOC to why you want the business we'd be happy but some people exclusively do OOC paragraphs and whilst that's all well and good we need a clear understanding of your character.

Background and development - why you gravitated towards it, what your plans and intentions are with it. If the word limit is gone then people would do what they do with interior requests and just go "Want a new interior" and if this is imposed it'll be "Want a business" which is not really catering to the standards we expect.

Cool ol' Misses Higgens may be a really cool roleplayer and provide us with a really elaborate application, whereas, Misses Doe will give us less than one paragraph and then get upset when we deny them. Having 250 words absolutely minimum shouldn't be too hard to fulfil, in my honest opinion - those do hit it and even if its 30-50 words below minimum, we bypass it. But it should be absolute minimum, those who want to explain more can!

46 minutes ago, TotalDeeJay said:

Something I have asked on Discord previously also, is considering allowing users more then one property lease, you can see as PM which ones are active users and are opening. Some leases are only open once a week, which would leave space for a second lease. 

Hmm I will look more into this. I don't want to restrict players to one type of business, but it NEEDS to make sense to the character.

47 minutes ago, Nadler said:

I believe that a major thing that the staff should focus on is activity, there are certain players that apply for a business/house and after getting them they just don't use it. Businesses that don't open will basically gather up bills for the owner realistically and that is something we don't have here. Activity checks should be done more often in my opinion.

I am a donator and never had issues with my businesses regarding blips, but I still believe something should be provided to players who are incapable of spending irl money so they could put a blip on the map or something. 

The vehicle lease system is done nicely, I still believe that a player's financial state should declare if he can lease certain supercars or such cause once again we don't have realistic bills for vehicles so once a player buys the car and mod it everything else is free. A Pariah for example costs around 600 grand but the parts to modify the vehicle are just as cheap as a normal sedan.

I didn't even take modding into consideration, you are right with that. Hmm. That's a very good point, thank you for that.

As for activity, it's easy to check for leases as we have a list right in our face. I do know I haven't been actively checking them since I've been back in school, however, I'll start delegating that to other PM admins.

Regarding cars. I will say it again. Classics being just avaliable to buy in a dealership. Nope shouldn't be. If someone wants a solid classic, they should explain why they want it. Cause majority of citizens might admire said classic in a magazine, but they don't want it. Instead I'd replace classic with more modern and less "This is only one of 500 out in the world" cars.

• Thanks 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic