Server hour change (DST)... same suggestion, another year.

Kappaurel

Detailed Description

Same suggestion, another year. Since it's been at the very least half a year since the last time this was suggested, I'll assume this counts as "Enough time has passed to reconsider"

For most of the playerbase daylight saving time (DST) is a THING. Today, our clocks moved one hour forward... but the server's clock has not. This effectively breaks the schedule for many of us, it is up to the players to start moving the events they plan one hour before... but this doesn't always happen, or people take time to realize... because yeah, we're two hours ahead of the server, instead of one, which is a pain in the ass.

So... yeah! Move the server's clock along with DST, so the time difference doesn't change for players? Pretty please?

How will it benefit the server?

It doesn't make sense currently. It will make sense if this is applied. We love things that make sense!

Edited by Kappaurel
  • Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, orca112 said:

Won't happen for the sole fact of how many server features it would break given neither have been accomodated for a time swap each 6 months.

Mostly this yeah.

It's wildly inconvenient for a lot of people, it helps for others. In the end? Only one way to fix it: revolt and burn clocks until every government stops with that stupid DST thing 😛 

(and maybe one day fix the Spanish and French time zones 😬)

The fix would be to keep the server down 1 hour, that way nothing breaks. Nervous has said this previously - it's simply never been actioned.

I really don't care one way or the other, for convenience it's nice to not to have to translate the clocks but it's 1 hour difference, you fuck up for the first week and then it's smooth sailing.

7 minutes ago, honey. said:

The fix would be to keep the server down 1 hour, that way nothing breaks. Nervous has said this previously - it's simply never been actioned.

I really don't care one way or the other, for convenience it's nice to not to have to translate the clocks but it's 1 hour difference, you fuck up for the first week and then it's smooth sailing.

Yes, please. I always liked the 2 hours difference tbh. Now, it's 3 hours difference in my timezone. I liked the 2 hours difference.