Complaining/Ranting Thread

Anders

I honestly think something that would be funny to do, would be to make a completely legal, clean, mentally sane, if not a bit naive character and to throw them onto the server whilst not disregarding a SINGLE thing that happens to them. Everything that happens to him, he remembers and is affected by it.

Matter of fact..

Let's call him Joe.

Joe gets off the airport and calls a Taxi, he is then dropped off at a cheap South Central motel. The first night goes well, he meets a couple people at the Legion square bar, makes a few friends and laughs a little, he hears a few insults, but that's nothing.

On the second night? Our Joe witnesses a corpse on the road and people looting it, followed by 5 patrolling police cars which completely ignore the aforementioned body. He is puzzled, tries to occupy his mind to forget, and goes to sleep.

The third night in, Joe goes to a local LTD and buys himself a bat, he's scared from what he's seen, and rightfully so. He heads back to his room, and as he does, 3 (M) gang-bangers confront him about being in their turf because yes, civilian life in the hood is prohibited, obviously each and everyone is automatically opps. Joe gets a pistol pointed at him. He reacts accordingly and gives up his bat and the little cash he has on him, aside from the fact the interaction will be posted on forums (But shh, he doesn't know), our Joe is mentally shaken tonight.

At this point, Joe is conflicted, scared, and pretty angry. Joe goes to buy himself a cheap car, in order to get some fresh air. He then heads to the local trash disposal service and gets himself a humble job.

He buys a cheap Vapid Radius and makes the biggest mistake he could. He leaves most of his belongings in it and heads out of his car for exactly 2:33 minutes in order to grab a snack off of the 24/7 corner store. It was stripped of everything that was inside. Joe drives off, sighing, with only what he had bought as his newfound belongings.

At this point, Joe is on the verge of a mental breakdown. People around him seem completely fine with what is happening, as he hears stories about these things happening to the same people, over and over again as he discusses with people. Acquiring a firearm license is not an easy feat for our Joe.

Joe drives off in his Radius and spots the same (M) robbers, he rolls down his window, and, with him being safe in the car, he feels more comfortable in speaking his heart out about what they've done, and wants to warn them. He tells the (M) robbers that they shouldn't be doing this, that they'll regret it one day, to which they replied "nah i dont know, didnt ask, also why are you talking to kids you pedo, i fucked your mom last night" and proceeded to laugh in his face. Joe grinds his teeth and drives off, defeated.

Our Joe decides to truly clear his head. He heads out of the city, only to find a barren wasteland. He sighs and returns, deciding to drive down to the local beach instead, moving to the motel nearby, which even has its own pool! Poor him. He thinks Vespucci is a touristic area.

He's endured so much, it's time for him to get a break...- SIKE. Yeah you guessed it. Joe gets obliterated by a four-deep sedan passing by at Mach 1. He is thankfully saved by the power of time-scale as the ambulance gets to him.

A few months pass. Joe is back on his feet, rehabilitated, and ready to take care of himself. He goes to a hardware store to get himself a hammer, just in case, and begins to walk in Mirror Park. Phew, a relatively good-looking neighborhood, the grass is cut and Joe could touch it if it weren't for the immaculate-looking "No trespassing" signs on people's properties. He feels a sigh of relief nonetheless.

He spends the day there, truly amazed. Nothing has happened to him yet and he couldn't be happier. But that was about to change.

His Radius gets broken into again. No words can explain the anger he feels as he sees one of the same people who robbed him beforehand. Joe, furious at the scene unfolding before his eyes, whips out his hammer and /mes accordingly with a fairly decent /me, but the robber simply reacts with ''/me pulls out his gun'', and aims it at Joe.

Joe runs for his life as the robber is momentarily distracted. His biggest mistake yet, as unbeknownst to him, he was physically not allowed to run during a gunpoint robbery. What a fool, our Joe, he merely wanted to save his own bacon. Joe gets teleported to an unknown place for forty-five minutes of his life. He comes back changed forever.

He somehow returns to his car, an hour after a tedious walk, buys himself yet another hammer, and now, what you have is a mentally and physically broken man, with severe post-traumatic stress disorder with a weapon on him. Joe drives, nowhere in particular. He just wants to FEEL something again. Joe's descent into insanity was just a matter of time.

The night settles, and Joe takes a walk. He sees a masked man in the distance. He is fully ready at this point. Joe takes a deep breath and does his best to avoid him, but the masked man interacts with Joe. "Ay, ay." He hears before the man rushes him. Joe takes out his hammer, and sees *Mask_69420 equips a weapon*. Not wanting to know what it was, Joe begins to swing his hammer frantically at him. The masked man falls dead to the ground eventually. Joe picks up the dead robber's pistol and is now completely out of it. His senses are erratic, he cannot possibly think clearly - he spots a police car which in turn spots him and speeds towards him.

That's it, Joe thinks. His final moments are about to come.

He raises the pistol loaded with a few bullets chambered, wanting to come to terms with his incoming fate. He has chosen and accepted this. He no longer wants to suffer the harsh and unforgiving life he has in Los Santos. - Our Joe made his final mistake. He has let his emotions get the best of him. He should have dropped everything and surrendered immediately after taking that life. Matter of fact, he should have let that masked man live, he was supposed to have a scripted item advantage, and it was unrealistic of Joe to act this way.

Before he knew it, Joe was riddled with bullets, and the man that had attempted to rob him had the situation voided. The police and the robber returned to their merry homes, and Joe felt his own self dissipate into nothingness as he began to pass away.

Joe has been permanently banned: Poor escalation, lack of fear RP. Shoots at incoming police and refuses to surrender himself even though he is outnumbered. Claims that "Character went mad" - Make sure to read the rules and appeal your ban.

They might have considered it briefly, but to them, it was clear as day. Joe was wrong this whole time no matter what had happened to him. And so, without him, life continued as it always does.

TL;DR: This meme-y story is about Joe, who is faced with the everyday struggle that is living in GTA:W Los Santos. Joe is supposed to forget most of what happens to him because if he doesn't, he might start acting according to his environment, which would be bad because if no one else is affected by their environment, then Joe is seen as the odd one out, the outcast. To others, this is their normal everyday life. To him? It's complete madness, and he became the fruit of that madness.

Conclusion: Someone please tell me because I have no clue.

Edited by Mistery14
  • Upvote 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Applaud 2
3 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

This is beyond amazing. You're the hero of GTAW and even of GTA in general.

Well damn! I thought someone would take it seriously and hate me for it, I appreciate it xd

On a slightly serious note, I think a lot more context must be taken into consideration when people get punished for self-defense related things. To the person breaking a fear RP rule such as running whilst having a gun pointed at them, it makes complete sense to run given that they've most likely experienced a similar thing in the past and standing still didn't work for them. Yet they're supposed to act like they've never been in that situation before.

It seems like the "It happens in real life argument is invalid" is thrown around when it's convenient. - No game and no server can replicate real life, but restricting individual actions and reactions to events is really counter productive if you want a believable, living and breathing world with people that are unique to themselves. Some rules that prevent mass-RDM are necessary though, otherwise it's just chaos.

Person 1 wants to rob person 2? It's their decision. Person 2 decides to run? It's their decision. Whether or not person 1 wants to risk shooting person 2 and getting a heavier charge is also up to them. There is no real poor escalation when it comes to these things, because they're spontaneous, not planned.

Who the fuck gets a bat for self defense lol

Think logical, Joe. In a town full of gunslingers, what is this gonna do? Exactly.

Boohoo I hug my bat now, I feel safer- but oh shit it didn't work out!

Joe then proceeds to get a PF license and gun.

Next he finds out guns are super valued on the black market and owning one only will INCREASE his chance to get robbed.

Nextby he gathers first experience with the police caring for something- him storing his gun in his car where it got stolen from opposed to follow the regulations.

Joe rightfully goes to jail.

He maybe should first have looked for something else than safety in a BAT when feeling threatened but what do I know

Like a job that is not an rpg thing but interaction

Edited by knppel

"Stop hyping this sob story, this is whining and not a bestseller, I stopped reading at bat"

-Carry Saunders in LSNN literature critics

This is the rant thread so I may say all this in exactly this agressive tone

Joe is a JOKE with no fucking clue of what's good for him and was asking for it

15 minutes ago, knppel said:

Joe is a JOKE with no fucking clue of what's good for him and was asking for it

3 hours ago, Mistery14 said:

I honestly think something that would be funny to do, would be to make a completely legal, clean, mentally sane,> if not a bit naive character < and to throw them onto the server whilst not disregarding a SINGLE thing that happens to them. Everything that happens to him, he remembers and is affected by it.

Joe did not deserve to die! He is a martyr!

Any sensible person would have already moved out of LS by the third or fourth night, suggesting this however would imply that no one should be living in LS, which would be counter intuitive c; 

Edited by Mistery14
15 minutes ago, Mistery14 said:

Joe did not deserve to die! He is a martyr!

I am secular and don't believe in Martyrdom it is a stupid concept

16 minutes ago, Mistery14 said:

Any sensible person would have already moved out of LS by the third or fourth night,

Na just buy some coke to make peace with the gangers and numb up