Make /equip not expose weapons in hand

orca112

Detailed Description

Given this supposed "bug" and "desync" makes its rounds around the player report section pretty much exclusively when one got caught in 4k rather than the bug reports section - change the way /equip works.

Currently, if you /equip a weapon, it will directly be drawn rather than simply added to your weapon wheel. On top of that, there is a 40% chance the drawing animation bugs out or is simply bypassed resulting in a section of the community intentionally leaving weaponry unequipped in hopes to get that 2 seconds advantage in a firefight. It is thus beneficial to have the weapon added to your weapon wheel to be selected, and not directly exposed in your hand when you /equip it. This prevents the supposed bugs and desync without evidence brought forward, as well as the battle META with the chance of bypassing animations by directly equipping weapons rather than equipping them prior and selecting them through the weapon wheel.

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

No accidental brandishing of weapons (e.g. after crashing), no supposed bug/desync and no battle draw to bypass animations.

Edited by orca112
  • Upvote 1

I’d be up for them being able to be equipped without showing it physically. Happens sometimes when I crash and then respawn back in and have to /equip my gun people either driving past or around the area think I’m pulling my weapon ic rather than just re-equipping it as if it was in my waistband. 

• 9 months later...