Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

On 11/3/2022 at 1:39 AM, Mytrix said:

It was a big mistake indeed and I don't understand how they could think splitting the community in two (When LS was already losing players regularly) would be beneficial. I remember when GTAW and FiveRP were fighting together at the beginning of GTA 5 RP... Both servers were struggling because the community was splitted in two, making both servers with a low playerbase... The day FiveRP closed, everyone switched to GTAW and that was the golden era of this server because... IT WAS THE ONLY ENGLISH TEXT BASED server... And now, they just shot themselves in the foot. It would be a mature thing to just accept they did a mistake and fix it.

someone else who remembers

i've still got screenshots of gtaw and fiverp in january 2018 on gtmp neck and neck at about 18 players in the mid/late afternoon, despite what people say 5rp actually shot itself in the foot by banning people over little things in april which led them over to gtaw

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately both servers are killing each other slowly.

LC took LS players, now LC is lowering its playerbase and LS is too low that nobody want to play again, it's a loop.

In my case I stopped playing because I never had any interest in factions, they're all Euro Mobs, MC, gangs, I already had that RP on SAMP, when I joined GTAW I was expecting playing some factions but they're not allowed here because "Realism." (While having worse crime rate than Somalia, hehe), I also stopped playing because as civilian there are 0 things to do besides going to clubs, bars, hiking and those things, and well, I got bored, so now I'm busy irl with my job I prefer to spend my time on other games.

I have like 3000 hours or so, I don't know, and well, many of them were trying to do something interesting but I couldn't because people prefer to rp indoors.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Unfortunately both servers are killing each other slowly.

LC took LS players, now LC is lowering its playerbase and LS is too low that nobody want to play again, it's a loop.

In my case I stopped playing because I never had any interest in factions, they're all Euro Mobs, MC, gangs, I already had that RP on SAMP, when I joined GTAW I was expecting playing some factions but they're not allowed here because "Realism." (While having worse crime rate than Somalia, hehe), I also stopped playing because as civilian there are 0 things to do besides going to clubs, bars, hiking and those things, and well, I got bored, so now I'm busy irl with my job I prefer to spend my time on other games.

I have like 3000 hours or so, I don't know, and well, many of them were trying to do something interesting but I couldn't because people prefer to rp indoors.

Pretty much like real life, people stick to their friends and families. So unless you had a clique or a group of people you rp'd with, you'd find yourself pulling the shorter end. Cause unlike fantasy or scifi where you can go above and beyond normality. Roleplaying in modern realistic settings is tedious and often boring. Which is why it always will be considered as episodic roleplay. Aka something you don't do daily. To me it's pretty much like mmo raiding. You don't do that everyday. People are always expecting variety and plenty of adventures. But in real life everyday life is pretty dull, which is something that is also present in modern times roleplay.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Applaud 1
On 11/13/2022 at 1:34 AM, Jennie said:

"Realism." (While having worse crime rate than Somalia, hehe),

It's absolutely hilarious to me that there's this silent adherence to realism where cops don't use vests and helmets unless the LAPD would use them in the same situation when you have cops gunned down daily, which you just know would not be taken in stride by LAPD in real life.

There's this HUGE clash between what people want to portray and what SHOULD be portrayed.

I'm the type of roleplayer whose character reacts to the world around him, I take the crime rate and all the deaths and all the bodies in character, so when you see someone complaining that there's 3 cars on a Traffic Stop it's like " Bruh we live in a favela, my character doesn't want to die so he's cautious "

You can't call for realism when this city of 500 people has 20 murders daily and we have more cops murdered on duty in a year than LAPD does in 10 years.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, DLimit said:

"Disperse... disperse... disperse... disperse... disperse... disperse... disperse... disperse... disperse... what are you doing? That is very dangerous."

" RP Fear, RP fear, RP fear, RP fear " 

*Police steps up response, policemen become cynical, suspicious and use the full extent of the law to search your character*

" NO NOT LIKE THAT "

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
10 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

It's absolutely hilarious to me that there's this silent adherence to realism where cops don't use vests and helmets unless the LAPD would use them in the same situation when you have cops gunned down daily, which you just know would not be taken in stride by LAPD in real life.

There's this HUGE clash between what people want to portray and what SHOULD be portrayed.

I'm the type of roleplayer whose character reacts to the world around him, I take the crime rate and all the deaths and all the bodies in character, so when you see someone complaining that there's 3 cars on a Traffic Stop it's like " Bruh we live in a favela, my character doesn't want to die so he's cautious "

You can't call for realism when this city of 500 people has 20 murders daily and we have more cops murdered on duty in a year than LAPD does in 10 years.

I can definitely agree with that, however if we were to RP this entirely, we might as well build a wall against South Central and post up checkpoints with a new national guard faction.