Jump to content

Suggestion to counter vigilante CCW/PF wannabe heroes.


Recommended Posts

Suggestion to Robberies and Related Interactions:
During any kind of interaction where a player has a firearm aimed at them, including when the firearm is lowered by the criminal so that they may type, if the player being robbed or a random bystander with a CCW/PF permit attempts to end the interaction through a firefight, and they are killed by the criminal roleplayer, they should be subject to a CK for taking an unnecessary risk. LEOs should reasonably be exempt from this due to the nature of their role, unless they are entering a firefight with slim to none chances of survival.

 

lLtGuiz.png

Edited by OddSchool
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
Link to comment

Shooting someone while at gunpoint ICly because of the limitations imposed by us by this being set place in a game, such as having to lower your gun to type OOCly should be met with incredibly harsh administrative action IN ADDITION TO in character consequences.

Pulling a gun and shooting your robber because he is typing his next IC action OOC is metagaming, powergaming and an atrocious lack of common courtesy typical of a pay to win mentality. That's a lot of rules broken.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

That’s not the problem in this case, I think plenty of people realize it’s common sense not to pull a gun on your robber while he’s typing. The issue is with the wannabe bystanders stopping the robbery by starting a shootout with the robber, just cause they hold a CCW permit. Specifically, not to help their friend but to play the hero. That shouldn’t even be the case in most situations, hence why I made this suggestion.

Link to comment

IMO any player who decides to put their character's  life on the line ICly, and they know for a fact it can lead to a deadly situation for themselves, should be subject to a CK.

Criminals, CCW Heroes, LEO's. An overwhelming majority of players on GTA:WORLD have a [Play to Win] mentality, and that's on all sides. LEO's should be subject to some type of character punishment whether it be a CK, or a name change.

 

On another note, not many people IRL are going to put themselves in the line of death if they have no reason to, IE CCW Heroes in GTA:WORLD. Yes, there are a small percentage of people who would pull out a gun to stop a crime IRL but they can easily lose their life. I know a person in my hometown who died in a situation like that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, OddSchool said:

Suggestion to Robberies and Related Interactions:
During any kind of interaction where a player has a firearm aimed at them, including when the firearm is lowered by the criminal so that they may type, if the player being robbed or a random bystander with a CCW/PF permit attempts to end the interaction through a firefight, and they are killed by the criminal roleplayer, they should be subject to a CK for taking an unnecessary risk. LEOs should reasonably be exempt from this due to the nature of their role, unless they are entering a firefight with slim to none chances of survival.

Only if the robber is also subject to a CK if they lose the fight, considering they are also taking an unnecessary risk engaging in the robbery in the first place. Otherwise this is a completely one sided suggestion. It shouldn’t be civilians that are only punished for unnecessary risks, it should be everyone. 
 

 

Edited by Cypher99
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

I think this is a perfect "punishment", but more like a risk so to speak. Some people do take these risks to be the hero irl and this would allow them to still do so. However, just as irl, they would be risking their life permanently to step in. Can't see a problem with this and surprised it's not implemented already.

Link to comment

I would be in favor of stricter OOC and IC regulations on PF/CCW holders and generally making a gun license more difficult to obtain overall. Using your PF gun to commit an act of vigilantism should be looked at very critically, it is already against the law IC, but I think it needs to be regulated way more heavily.

 

IC:

  • Whenever you get into a shooting with a PF/CCW gun, you should have to let the firearms licensing bureau know.
  • Vigilantism should be a heavier sentence accompanied with potentially murder/manslaughter, whatever. 
  • Place of residence should be taken account when applying for PF/CCW. (Live in a bad neighborhood, crime ridden area, etc.)
  • More consequences to letting your PF gun bang on someone.

 

OOC:

  • Character backstory should be taken into question when applying for PF/CCW. (Has this character recently had a crime committed against them, are they in fear for their life?)
  • Character should have a good REASON to have a CCW license.
  • Failed attempts at vigilantism should be instant CKs.

 

Overall, I think everyone can agree that vigilantism roleplay is just as bad as the low tier robbery roleplay that the new rules have been put in place to prevent.

Edited by UTOPIA
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

Only if the robber is also subject to a CK if they lose the fight, considering they are also taking an unnecessary risk engaging in the robbery in the first place. Otherwise this is a completely one sided suggestion. 


You shouldn’t be risking your life if you’re robbing someone in some secluded alley, away from peoples eyes. Unless you’re committing unnecessary crimes publicly then that shouldn’t be the case. After all, that’s the case with criminal rpers anyway, they’re supposed to be risking their lives with pretty much anything they do. Should they be subject for CK every single time they break the law then?

My point is, lack of common courtesy. If it’s missing in the scenario, then the person disregarding it should be punished accordingly.

Edited by OddSchool
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, OddSchool said:


You shouldn’t be risking your life if you’re robbing someone in some secluded alley, away from peoples eyes. Unless you’re committing unnecessary crimes publicly then that shouldn’t be the case. After all, that’s the case with criminal rpers anyway, they’re supposed to he risking their lives with pretty much anything they do. Should they be subject for CK every single time they break the law then?

My point is, lack of common courtesy. If it’s missing in the scenario, then the person disregarding it should be punished accordingly.

You don’t know who you’re robbing. You don’t know if it’s an ordinary joe or someone portraying a person with military background / formal training. I see no reason why you shouldn’t be subject to the same rules when you willingly choose to hold someone up. Sorry, I don’t agree that you’re not risking your life. There are plenty of real life cases where robbery doesn’t go the way of the criminal and that is indeed a risk, secluded area or not. 
 

At the core of this suggestion:

 

Criminals who take risks shouldn’t be subject to a CK. Civilians who take risks should be. This is fundamentally flawed. You can’t have your cake and eat it too. 

Edited by Cypher99
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

You don’t know who you’re robbing. You don’t know if it’s an ordinary joe or someone portraying a person with military background / formal training. I see no reason why you shouldn’t be subject to the same rules when you willingly choose to hold someone up. Sorry, I don’t agree that you’re not risking your life. There are plenty of real life cases where robbery doesn’t go the way of the criminal and that is indeed a risk. 


This is not a movie, I don’t know where you think you are. Even if you have killed 100 people, when a gun is pointed at your face, you should have some regard for your life. Disregarding it could have you lose your life right there and then.

Im not explaining science here. What you’re trying to justify me here is plain stupid and should be punished both IC and OOC here.

I suggest you give the rules one more look. Not everyone is a hero.

Edited by OddSchool
  • Applaud 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
  • Create New...