Fix the Housing Market & Pay Wage in Paleto Bay

GasolineFueled

I RP in Paleto myself. As much as I want to agree with you, I have only seen a few people 'flip' houses in Paleto for insane prices, a few isn't enough to make a judgment on the entire housing market in Paleto.

If you go around the houses in Paleto Bay and type /buyproperty, you will see that majority of the houses are NOT owned. You can feel free to request one through UCP for your character when requests are open.

Considering that Paleto is much more alive nowadays with Park Rangers around and plenty of businesses. There are a lot of locals but not everyone's character can realistically own a house. There already is South Seas in Paleto Bay which is an apartment complex, which is absolutely amazing. I think PM needs to consider adding more apartment complexes to Paleto.

6 hours ago, Stanty said:

I RP in Paleto myself. As much as I want to agree with you, I have only seen a few people 'flip' houses in Paleto for insane prices, a few isn't enough to make a judgment on the entire housing market in Paleto.

If you go around the houses in Paleto Bay and type /buyproperty, you will see that majority of the houses are NOT owned. You can feel free to request one through UCP for your character when requests are open.

Considering that Paleto is much more alive nowadays with Park Rangers around and plenty of businesses. There are a lot of locals but not everyone's character can realistically own a house. There already is South Seas in Paleto Bay which is an apartment complex, which is absolutely amazing. I think PM needs to consider adding more apartment complexes to Paleto.

That would realistically solve the housing issue with Paleto. Regarding the houses there, some people own them since for ever and do not plan on selling. Moreover insane prices, there's rules that you legitimately need to own it for 6 months to actually ask whatever you want.

Regarding the suggestion, raising the pay for Paleto will somewhat cause inflation along with influx of City folk to come work. You do not want to cause inflation on the server, because what will happen is what happened on SAMP where inflation was so bad, almost all cars were over 100k, houses in Grove street went up on sale once in a while with obscene price tags compared to the location.

31 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

That would realistically solve the housing issue with Paleto. Regarding the houses there, some people own them since for ever and do not plan on selling. Moreover insane prices, there's rules that you legitimately need to own it for 6 months to actually ask whatever you want.

Regarding the suggestion, raising the pay for Paleto will somewhat cause inflation along with influx of City folk to come work. You do not want to cause inflation on the server, because what will happen is what happened on SAMP where inflation was so bad, almost all cars were over 100k, houses in Grove street went up on sale once in a while with obscene price tags compared to the location.

Property inflation is already happening and it's going to get worse. Nothing is going to stop that.

11 hours ago, Knooflook said:

I don't know what the solution is really, but perhaps PM should take it all the way to only renting out Paleto property exclusively to players that prove or promise to have their RP focused in the area.

THIS. This would fix all of these recurring issues on housing in the county.

Make county properties only available via requests. It makes sense, seeing how limited they are (everywhere, not just in Paleto). Give them to people who want to properly role-play in those areas, not to others who just want to flip them or "have" them. 

5 hours ago, - Alfie - said:

Property inflation is already happening and it's going to get worse. Nothing is going to stop that.

Well, if we go by the housing rules they put in place. In order to sell an apartment, house or any other property for whatever price, you MUST own it for six months minimum.

Spoiler
  • We're revamping the property sale limitations for houses (not multi-interior apartments) to avoid punishing players who used their house as their main home for a long time. The new rule will now be :
    • 0 days to 2 weeks : You cannot sell the house.
    • 2 weeks to 1 month : You may sell the house up to 1x MP + furniture price.
    • 1 month to 3 months : You may sell the house up to 3x MP + furniture price.
    • 3 months to 6 months : You may sell the house up to 5x MP + furniture price.
    • 6 months + : You can sell the house at any price you want.
    • We believe that such system will prevent property flipping while allowing long time house owners to sell the house at the value they seem fit.

source:

Unlike the community I mentioned in my comment you quoted, here they are doing several actions to prevent what happened there. Moreover new economy update, you now can not simply deposit or transfer several ten, hundreds of thousands into your bank account, it will light a red flag to the system. Meaning you need to be creative on how you handle your money.

The other community had several players who had billions in their accounts, just cause of the savings system had no limits, you could've placed as much as you wanted into the account and percent was 5% or 1%. Which caused severe inflation on the economy because people received money out of thin air. After a while they changed that and put a limit to 50~100k initial input, 0.5% gain and up to 20 million. But the damage to the economy was already done.

Inflation will happen, can't argue that, but you can battle it, mitigate it's pace with preventive measures. Something GTAW has done several times now.

Right. So - look amongst yourselves. There's about what, less than 10 of you right now on this post with amazing feedback.

There's at least 990 different players instead of this group.

You say: "Make Paleto Bay request only." They say: "We already wait 1+ month for house requests." House requests are open roughly ever 6 weeks. That's not open "enough". 

What I'm trying to say - is there no middle ground. Right now, we're stalled for inactivity wipes manually for those who don't deserve to be in Paleto or make sense asset wise because it's the holiday season.

A lot of the houses in Paleto Bay are house request houses. Some aren't. Some are getting sold for +1 million. You don't think that bothers PM as well? There's no rule against it. We take it into consideration though if they ever apply for a property.

There was a house drought. PM has been working to fix it by making requests open on a cycle. We do believe it's slowly fixing itself as there are less and less house requests per cycle (100+, then 80+ then 60+).

But fact of the matter is, Paleto Bay has 20 houses to the 100 of you roleplaying. I checked multiple times if there are any spots where we could make more housing. Feel free to stick them here if you can see one. I thought about turning another one of the motels into more apartments, but you guys want houses, not apartments.

There really is no win here because of everyone having a different view, standpoint, etc. PM can only go so far with inactive properties/unrealistic properties. We can comb though it, but we're really busy on combing through Sandy, 5+ spots in the city for gang related stuff, other spots for realistic assets on characters, businesses, and not to mention requests in themselves.

To help, if you see a +1mil dollar Paleto home? Don't buy it.

We are very considerate when it comes to Blaine properties. If you're wanting a trailer, come PM me. If you're looking to get a business, just make sure you're explaining where you're roleplaying staying. We're very lenient as housing is a known issue in Blaine.

P.S.: idk what you mean by pay wages. If you're talking about the 4k/hour script, should be same everywhere. 

2 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

A lot of the houses in Paleto Bay are house request houses. Some aren't. Some are getting sold for +1 million. You don't think that bothers PM as well? There's no rule against it. We take it into consideration though if they ever apply for a property.

There was a house drought. PM has been working to fix it by making requests open on a cycle. We do believe it's slowly fixing itself as there are less and less house requests per cycle (100+, then 80+ then 60+).

But fact of the matter is, Paleto Bay has 20 houses to the 100 of you roleplaying. I checked multiple times if there are any spots where we could make more housing. Feel free to stick them here if you can see one. I thought about turning another one of the motels into more apartments, but you guys want houses, not apartments.

I actually believe you, I had talks with Adv, Lomadias and you on separate occasions regarding topics that connect to this. We've seen you guys help the MC members get Paleto housings, so it's obvious that PM are working hard to provide accomodations for Paleto RPers.

I, for one, would appreciate even an apartment complex if you guys can pull it off, be it a motel or something else. That would provide a good few spots, and I think quite a few of us would be satisfied with those too. You've seen my character's background, a small nook would fit her perfectly.

It's good to have a topic where the active Paleto folks can actually discuss and suggest solutions or give their feedback.

To the others that are miffed about ridiculously expensive 'summer homes': just report it. Those houses are obviously not used, so why should someone profit from holding it for months?

I'll speak about turning one of the two motels left in Paleto into another apartment area. I'll also give another look around to see if we can perhaps make another apartment complex (multi-interior) somewhere that could be realistic. For now, if we do turn one of the motels into an apartment block, we will post somewhere (in Paleto Bay-related discords) about them and that whoever wants those can apply for them within my DMs on discord or forum PMs. It'd be a 1-3 day process, nothing like a house request. Just to make sure realistic assets, character backstory, and active. 

Yeah, I've been actively working to try and find a way to supply more "normal" housing for the county, specifically apartments because in my opinion, there's a lot of stigma around owning a house. I know Wuhtah and Adv have been doing the same. Rest assured we are aware and are looking for avenues to resolve it.

We're a very approachable PM team. We do our best to accomodate, especially in trouble areas like the county. We're definitely busy but things are becoming more and more streamlined, we have new ideas and methods to handle things so we'll see turnover times improve as we go.

We are actively tackling inactivity and we're actually very harsh in terms of giving any properties back if lost to inactivity, in order to prevent the cycle recurring with the same people. Since there's methods in place to help players that are going inactive, there's no excuse.

It's also a very good point that, we might have 500+ people wanting to roleplay a blaine county character, but there's literally no space on the map to accomodate this. I think this is an issue we're always gonna have to a certain extent, but I agree more housing would be beneficial. We'll discuss it internally and see what we can do, I know there's some idea's floating about.

Keep the feedback going! We're all ears to constructive feedback.

• Wuhtah locked this topic