Allow Auto-Pilot to be used while Trucking.

EMC

Supported entirely. There is no difference in just cruise controlling and watching a second monitor than having the AI do it for you at 20mph slower.

9 hours ago, mj2002 said:

With the average speed being quite low, I think this actually a good addition for truckers. Its much better than how the average player drives anyway. Please add it to all vehicles classes that are capable enough.

+1

23 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

Autopilot bugs out the most during longer routes so I don't think it'd work to begin with.

To be fair I usually drive 20 under the posted limit and regularly smash myself into the median every so often IRL, so its not too unrealistic.

17 hours ago, Fabulous said:

Terrible idea, encourages money grind even more as if the millionaire truckers aren't already a thing.

You should have a look at my other suggestion then, its suggesting truckers pay $150 per crate but when you sell it it actually takes another $200 or so instead of paying you, you'll like that one.

Glad to see other likeminded people around, I hate when people work for money.

Edited by EMC

People are acting as if manually driving makes trucking more active rp-wise.
If this system were in place, truckers with a friend/coworker coming along could actually rp more, not less.

For solo truckers, it changes nothing. You act like holding W down a highway and occasionally tapping A & D is the most intensive, attention requiring task on the planet. I bet 99% of truckers already watch youtube on long routes lol. 

22 hours ago, ScarletRose said:

I personally think it's a good idea. Just that I feel the autopilot needs some fine tuning first. Right now, it still seems kinda buggy. Even if they add it for trucking, you're still gonna be smashing into the highway barrier or going offroading every few seconds.

Already re-worked the autopilot and sent it to Nervous. Awaiting implementation on the live server. It should solve 90% of the current issues.

• Applaud 1