Keep the map mod or not?

Nervous

Keep the map mod?  

1,010 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Humour said:

With a mod like this, you can't get away with having a client side toggle. There's bollards all over town, that people will crash into when other's won't because they got the mod turned off. Not to mention that such a command could be turned into a glitch to quickly turn it off, go through the bollards and then turn it back on.

Not that I'm usually one for looking at the 'what-ifs' but these are some strong concerns that I have where it makes the player base diversified and causes unequal opportunities.

Pretty sure you would have to restart your game to remove the mod, as it renders in all the objects when you initially start the game. But yes, the concern of some having the mod and some not is still there. At least remove the unnecessary clutter, and perhaps some trees to reduce the impact in certain areas.

1 hour ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

If we are gonna talk about immersion, cars popping out of nowhere hurts the immersion a lot more than some awkwardly placed trees. How about give us 350 meters streaming range again?

Immersion is important so does stability. The map mod is just something nice to have. If there are people who have been negatively affected by the mod, it should be removed. With that being said, we can keep the props that block people from driving on sidewalks in the city.

People will definitely lag with 350 range as they were before, hence it was turned back down to the original last time. 

The placing of trees is falsely prioritized. South Central has way too many trees; Mirror Park has pines at some points, which doesnt make sense; And I dare say the county actually got too few trees at parts. I'd say it has to be improved; and the goal of this general improvement should be a more general placement of more roleplay enhancing props, such as tables; chairs; general miscellaneous objects you'd find around a city.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic