Keep the map mod or not?

Nervous

Keep the map mod?  

1,010 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In some areas, the mod is fantastic - it looks great.

In others, I'm afraid, it falls down. Why do we want empty hotdogs stands in LS? The server already feels "empty" compared to IRL. We make the best of it, but empty hotdog stands just add to the "empty server" feel. A baffling addition that only makes the city feel more empty. When have you ever seen an abandoned hotdog stand IRL? I suspect I could count on both hands the number of people who will ever RP with these props.

The framerate issue also affects many of us, and while from the polling it is clear that those with significant disposable income IRL (with meaty systems) are winning, it's tragic to see the opportunity of county/park RP slipping away from those of us without high-spec punchy systems. If admins take this polling at face value, there's a lot of users who are going to be looking for overtime at work in the coming months, or considering leaving the server.

My view is that anyone who meets the minimum system requirements of GTA V should be able to play GTAW moderately smoothly, even if on minimum settings. I'm not sure that is the case any more with this mod. 

Edited by Nathan Bennet
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 2:39 PM, Oaks. said:

Textile City is full of props all down the main strip, what would you add out of curiosity?

Very true, but I was looking to have some more benches and miscellaneous items around there. Chinatown (Mission Row) didn't get much from the update imo.

20 hours ago, Legate said:

The map mod is hard, I would just remove the random hot dog stands and things that will never actually be stationed. If anything were to be added I'd recommend making certain areas look more lived in. @Oaks. has been working on something as well.  https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/6785-shw-oaks-gtaw-environment-pack/

I've L&A'd, there's 0 chance they'll add mine. I'm taking it elsewhere, hot dog stands can reign supreme.

• 3 weeks later...

I originally voted keep but changed my mind to remove now.  We already suffer from texture loss at certain scenes, and I have noticed places where I am getting it more.  Overall, I just don't think it is worth the additional consumption of resources, considering we already struggle.  Maybe there should be a new poll now that people have been using it for a while (just binary choice, keep or remove)

Edited by Paenymion
  • Wuhtah locked this topic