Keep the map mod or not?

Nervous

Keep the map mod?  

1,010 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Also, this could’ve been an opportunity to revolutionize roleplay in otherwise unpopulated areas. Still could be. I’m just not understanding the logic behind mass spawning hotdog stands and benches when no one will ever interact with them, so it makes no difference. All that effort could have been put into developing, say, Legion Square as a Los Santos landmark. The various parks, the pier, the beach…

Although the performance has improved since the last update, there's still FPS loss in more populated areas, such as Mirror Park. In my opinion, adding a bunch of trees and hotdog stands doesn't bring the map closer to resembling LA, or give off a more immersive feel. But others seem to like it, so I'll vote for stay but remove unnecessary objects.

However, my preference would be to have a client-side toggle, like mentioned in the initial announcement of the update. Only problem then is that players will start complaining about unfair advantages due to some having the mapping, and others not.

With a mod like this, you can't get away with having a client side toggle. There's bollards all over town, that people will crash into when other's won't because they got the mod turned off. Not to mention that such a command could be turned into a glitch to quickly turn it off, go through the bollards and then turn it back on.

Not that I'm usually one for looking at the 'what-ifs' but these are some strong concerns that I have where it makes the player base diversified and causes unequal opportunities.

• Wuhtah locked this topic