Signal Jammers [Car-Jacking Scene]

hipsxn

2 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

It should be fun roleplaying it. If you treat it as money grinder, you are doing it wrong.

That's the only reason to do any RP, really. I was never advocating for money grinding, I was just speaking to the risk vs. reward issue that was brought up.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Ellix said:

Back like a year or two ago, it was very frowned upon and even sometimes punishable to /vpark a vehicle unless it made actual sense to have it removed from view (i.e. you have access to a garage to park it in). Now I see people constantly /vpark after parking on a curb or in a parking lot, just to walk inside. Cars also are frequently /vparked by admins in entire areas to help combat server lag. 

So you combine this with the list of cars you get every server restart, which on a good day has maybe 3-5 cars worth stealing on it. You then drive around for literal hours sometimes, just trying to find one of these couple of cars unattended and not /vparked. Then you hope it's not in a safe zone, in any kind of populated area, or in too plain of view. Then, if you manage to actually find a target, you still have to contend with the fact that half the cars in the city have elaborate security systems that realistically would almost cost more than the car itself. 

All this for what usually amounts to a few thousand dollars in the thief's hands. It's a huge, time-consuming risk for very low reward. The only people that even bother to attempt it any more are the ones that do it because they enjoy the RP, because it's a very unproductive way to actually make money.

All this to say that yes, the current system is extremely imbalanced, and pretty much needs a total re-work.

The server sync wasn't shitting itself whenever there were 10 cars in 1 place 1-2 years ago. The vparking is a necessary evil. Shit's unplayable sometimes.

• Upvote 1

Maybe I should've elaborated what I mean. It always comes down to roleplay. Not every gang or organization specializes in car boosting.

There are literal gangs built only around this. And people like my character, who only break into cars stealing whatever they can find.

Stealing isn't that hard, it all depends on how you approach it. To sell a stolen car for parts...not every gang or criminal organization does that, so they may, 

or may not have necessary contacts. Again the success here depends on the car itself. Old Washington will be easier to break into and start it, than say a Massacro, 

which doesn't even have to possess mechanical locks. People I seen so far are tackling this oocly from money perspective. That is incorrect approach.

Thieves aren't meant to get rich by selling cars. Their bosses are. Thieves only steal said cars and deliver them to a place acknowledged beforehand.

That is it. 

I do support this, however I don't think its fixing an issue with car boosting at its core, for the person boosting cars in general its simply not worth the risk, and they very likely wouldn't be able to come across a jammer either. This jammer suggestion makes sense for an illegal company who is profiting from the chopping scene, and it would be great for them to be able to obtain items that jam the signals of the over-powered anti-theft systems. I'd love to see a revamp of car boosting and chopping in the future, because as we're all aware its very outdated and doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Viscaria said:

I do support this, however I don't think its fixing an issue with car boosting at its core, for the person boosting cars in general its simply not worth the risk, and they very likely wouldn't be able to come across a jammer either. This jammer suggestion makes sense for an illegal company who is profiting from the chopping scene, and it would be great for them to be able to obtain items that jam the signals of the over-powered anti-theft systems. I'd love to see a revamp of car boosting and chopping in the future, because as we're all aware its very outdated and doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

That's what I meant. 🙂

I like the idea, however as mentioned above these should be an expensive, rarer item and only be limited to suppliers. I'd hate to see pawnshops stocking multiple of these.

Also from an IC perspective, how would possessing one of these jammers be combated legally? In the USA, there is a breach of federal law surrounding the distribution of these items.

Edited by Fireworks
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Wuhtah locked this topic