Expand /vget /vg with model name

mj2002

Short description:

Expand /vget and /vg to search for model name as well as vehicle ID

Detailed description:

Right now, you can use /vg to just bring up the list of your vehicles.

You can also use /vg with a number parameter to filter for vehicle ID.

Please also allow it to search for (part of) the model name, for even better quality of life.

Commands to add:

/vg text or number

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Ease of use

Additional information:

CxRGbqt.png

vrQWkNk.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Rushing said:

how many cars do you have that you actually need this? wtf

2 hours ago, Vassilios said:

Yeah, how many cars do you have? I don't see a need for this.

business scripts still require a person owning the vehicles, ownership isnt transferred to the script itself. all the trucks are still owned by staff and added to the business script to be used by the staff.

thats to say, +1. that old system needs a bit of qol added to it especially when it concerns large fleets

Major +1

I think this will be very beneficial for dealers, owners of logistics companies, etc., who are bombarded with a massive list of vehicles upon using the /vg command. 
For those asking why this is needed or questioning its usage, you should understand that we have our personal vehicles within this list too. I own about 150-200 vehicles and it takes me a good minute to spawn my personal vehicle from the list. It gets frustrating and I wouldn't even want my enemies to go through this on a daily basis 😂

An alternate suggestion would be to segregate the business vehicles from personal vehicles by a command like /bvg (abbreviation for Business Vehicle Get) for displaying a list of vehicles that are /vbusiness'ed or /pvg for displaying a list of personal vehicles that aren't /vbusiness'ed. 

In sum, even if it may not appeal to masses, its gonna be a massive QoL addition for a niche section of this community that has no alternative but to own multiple vehicles in their name to facilitate roleplay for everyone.

2 hours ago, The.Godfather said:

Major +1

I think this will be very beneficial for dealers, owners of logistics companies, etc., who are bombarded with a massive list of vehicles upon using the /vg command. 
For those asking why this is needed or questioning its usage, you should understand that we have our personal vehicles within this list too. I own about 150-200 vehicles and it takes me a good minute to spawn my personal vehicle from the list. It gets frustrating and I wouldn't even want my enemies to go through this on a daily basis 😂

An alternate suggestion would be to segregate the business vehicles from personal vehicles by a command like /bvg (abbreviation for Business Vehicle Get) for displaying a list of vehicles that are /vbusiness'ed or /pvg for displaying a list of personal vehicles that aren't /vbusiness'ed. 

In sum, even if it may not appeal to masses, its gonna be a massive QoL addition for a niche section of this community that has no alternative but to own multiple vehicles in their name to facilitate roleplay for everyone.

damn, just 150-200? xD

• Wuhtah locked this topic