Make masks cheaper

Snoot

Short description: Make masks cheaper

Detailed description: Currently masks cost 5k and 2k to change them afterward. I think it's a bit stupid having to buy an item that most of the time is just a piece of cloth or a cheap ski mask you pull over your head for 5k each time. The pricing doesn't make sense.

Commands to add: x

Items to add: 

How would your suggestion improve the server?  I don't see how it wouldn't improve it. Masks dont stay through death, and the pricing is simply stupid.

Additional information:

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

From a realism perspective, you're correct the price is simply stupid.

From a game design perspective, you're going to have criminal characters with 0.2 hours played heading to their local 24/7, buying a bat and a mask and then robbing the first person they see. When they get PKed they'll just do it again since the price has now been substantially reduced.

The price as it currently is, isn't there for realism it's there as a balancing measure to ensure there's a standard of entry into illicit crimes that would involve a mask, and something lost if those crimes don't go according to plan.

I understand that the masks are expensive so that people don't abuse the script to hide the name, but the price is absurd for its normal use, that is, to use the mask on without hiding your name, and the same with the beards.

Solution? Separate the masks to hide your name from the normal masks.

Edited by Jennie
1 minute ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

From a realism perspective, you're correct the price is simply stupid.

From a game design perspective, you're going to have criminal characters with 0.2 hours played heading to their local 24/7, buying a bat and a mask and then robbing the first person they see. When they get PKed they'll just do it again since the price has now been substantially reduced.

The price as it currently is, isn't there for realism it's there as a balancing measure to ensure there's a standard of entry into illicit crimes that would involve a mask, and something lost if those crimes don't go according to plan.

You get 200.000$ Starting money, so if it cost 5grand or 500 does not matter really if we are talking about a dude on a robbing spree breaching the server rules.

For me the mask is more an outfit extra like the beards so I think reducing the price would be far better than these 5k

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, AVAR said:

You get 200.000$ Starting money, so if it cost 5grand or 500 does not matter really if we are talking about a dude on a robbing spree breaching the server rules.

For me the mask is more an outfit extra like the beards so I think reducing the price would be far better than these 5k

The 200k starting money comes out hour by hour. That's the point I'm making when I mention "barrier of entry". Stops players who have less then an hour to their name from attempting spree robberies, and it ensures that if they're arrested or PKed they have to wait until they can afford another mask to do it again.

Don't get me wrong, it's a flimsy solution but a small barrier of entry is better then no barrier of entry in my opinion.

46 minutes ago, Jennie said:

I understand that the masks are expensive so that people don't abuse the script to hide the name, but the price is absurd for its normal use, that is, to use the mask on without hiding your name, and the same with the beards.

Solution? Separate the masks to hide your name from the normal masks.

☝️

• Wuhtah locked this topic