Auto /me when someones phone is ringing

champion7

Yes please, make it an /ame for ringing AND when you receive a text! For ringing it would be something like "/amy phone begins to ring." and for text "/amy phone receives a notification."

Now.. if the phone is silent, this line should be for calls "/amy phone vibrates." and for texts "/amy phone buzzes a couple of times." - or something similar.

An option to make your phone silent should be implemented for this suggestion to work fully as intended.

God no. There's too much forced stuff as it is, from animations (when a phone rings I don't have to pull it out of my pocket right that second, but the animation is forced) to emotes which makes players lazy and go off them because they can't be arsed to type it themselves when a situation calls for it, allowing for more detail and better RP quality. Automating this is a bad idea, and an automated /ame for a vibrating phone is just forced powergaming. You wouldn't notice that in most circumstances.

On 8/7/2021 at 3:49 AM, xSkaikru said:

Yes please, make it an /ame for ringing AND when you receive a text! For ringing it would be something like "/amy phone begins to ring." and for text "/amy phone receives a notification."

Now.. if the phone is silent, this line should be for calls "/amy phone vibrates." and for texts "/amy phone buzzes a couple of times." - or something similar.

An option to make your phone silent should be implemented for this suggestion to work fully as intended.

No,  if the phone is silent, it shouldn't make an /amy at all. If silencing your phone still produces a /amy, it completely ruins the point of silencing your phone. And unless you're sitting in a dead quiet library literally within 3 feet of someone, you're not gonna be able to audibly hear someone's phone vibrate.

Edited by ScarletRose
54 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

No,  if the phone is silent, it shouldn't make an /amy at all. If silencing your phone still produces a /amy, it completely ruins the point of silencing your phone. And unless you're sitting in a dead quiet library literally within 3 feet of someone, you're not gonna be able to audibly hear someone's phone vibrate.

Agreeing with this, it's just going to lead to metagaming since where the phone is on the person (in their bag, or pocket) is going to change what would be heard than if the phone was on a surface like a table. I also disagree with an /me or /me for a phone ringing, this isn't LSRP. If you can hear the phone ringing, you can hear it. I would however, support an actual notification sound for texts coming in (if there isn't already one, never heard it myself if there is).

17 minutes ago, superb_starling said:

Think about those of us who can't hear or play with sound. I do agree it should be an /ame rather than a /me however.

To be fair, that's not really a development issue but rather an accessibility one across the whole game when it comes to sound. Sirens, or already running engines can't be heard either, along with environment sounds, nearby shooting etc. If anything that's something Rage / Rockstar should address, although it's doable for this one feature just not all of them.

• Wuhtah locked this topic