Prohibits exchanging houses

AVAR

Hey, what I've noticed is that since I've been playing on the server, houses have been a hot commodity. What bothers me is that most house owners only want to trade their houses for another house. I see this as very unrealistic and not fair to all other players who might also want to acquire a house for their roleplay. As it is now, it has little to do with the characters themselves and their roleplay, but with the preservation of the status as a house owner.

• Upvote 3

Hard agree. The whole "trading a Mirror Park house" situation has become a complete meme, and it's a blatant loophole around the rules we have in place to cap market values. It's not realistic in the slightest and it's just some of the most mallratty stuff that happens on this server. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Jaskman220 said:

Agreed. The whole house system for me has become a battle in which, for me, a guy who spends the 95% in Paleto Bay, in order to afford a house in there, I must battle to get a house in Mirror Park first TO THEN, trade it for one in Paleto. Crazy eh?

What a world we live in lol.

But for real, the trading thing is just bananas. It shouldn't be allowed.

• Upvote 1

Honestly it wouldn’t change a thing. The housing market will remain the same except none would show up on the forums because they don’t wanna get rid of it. 

the simple fact that will always remain is there will not be enough houses to go around no matter what you do. Not everyone can own one. Things may be better when they finish mapping all the apartment lobbies so it’s not the wack system it is now

17 minutes ago, Cocaine Capital said:

Honestly it wouldn’t change a thing. The housing market will remain the same except none would show up on the forums because they don’t wanna get rid of it. 

the simple fact that will always remain is there will not be enough houses to go around no matter what you do. Not everyone can own one. Things may be better when they finish mapping all the apartment lobbies so it’s not the wack system it is now

"This won't change anything, so the fact that it's totally unrealistic doesn't matter."

Yeah, no. It still shouldn't be allowed. We shouldn't just throw our hands up and say screw it. It makes no sense. I do agree that there aren't enough houses going around but the more PM let's it happen, the harder it will be to reverse it. At this point, I doubt they can. It should never have been allowed in the first place.

THIS is ridiculous.

25 minutes ago, Italiano said:

"This won't change anything, so the fact that it's totally unrealistic doesn't matter."

Yeah, no. It still shouldn't be allowed. We shouldn't just throw our hands up and say screw it. It makes no sense. I do agree that there aren't enough houses going around but the more PM let's it happen, the harder it will be to reverse it. At this point, I doubt they can. It should never have been allowed in the first place.

THIS is ridiculous.

it’s actually a more common practice in the US than you’d think. Especially in today’s highly competitive market. 

15 minutes ago, Cocaine Capital said:

it’s actually a more common practice in the US than you’d think. Especially in today’s highly competitive market. 

My best friend works for a law firm in South Florida that specializes in house closings / ownership paperwork etc. Ask her how many times she's done paper work for a house "trade" in 10 years? I'll tell you. Zero. It's not common here. Not saying it's impossible, but it shouldn't be commonplace.

Edited by Italiano
4 minutes ago, Italiano said:

My best friend works for a law firm in South Florida that specializes in house closings / ownership paperwork etc. Ask her how many times she's done paper work for a house "trade" in 10 years? I'll tell you. Zero. It's not common here. Not saying it's impossible, but it shouldn't be commonplace. Plus, it's not being done here because it's been done in real life or RP character progression, it's being done for OOC reasons. Two different scenarios. It shouldn't be allowed.

That really doesnt matter here, because getting a house nowadays on GTAW is so hard that it makes sense only to trade it, so if you sell it, you'd have money for another one, but then you're stuck because no one wants to sell his house. 

• Upvote 1