Tents (and more camping equipment?).

Mistery14

Short description: Tents and perhaps other camping equipment that can be bought in a hardware store or other appropriate stores.

Detailed description: Tents that people can place, it will allow a player to stash a limited amount of items inside, however tents would be easy to break into due to the nature of the material tents are made of, and depending if someone has locked their tent with a padlock, a lockpick can take care of that.

Tents can be bought at stores for $ 3500 for a small tent, and $ 6500 for a medium tent. 

Players can store tents in their vehicles and place them anywhere they would see fit, law enforcement could regulate the placement of tents.

Commands to add:

/placetent

/taketent (tent must be completely empty before one is able to pick it up)

/ttitem

/tpitem

/tinv

/tlock (prevents the tent from being searched immediately)

/tbreakin 

Items to add:

Tent (Small:6kg capacity) (weighs 500g)

Tent (Medium: 12kg capacity) (weighs 1500g)

(Potentially a "large" tent?)

Small padlock (Can be lockpicked).

How would your suggestion improve the server? 

Tents make sense. if we purely focus on the illegal side of things (because I know tents would be used for that, and people are going to point it out) I would much rather see tents being hidden away, than seeing brand new, barely used 27k, 35k or more vehicles stashed away solely to store drugs. A simple /stashitem would be sufficient if it was the case.

Yes, vehicles are indeed used for that purpose IRL too, I know, but it's not the /only/ option. Some people just cannot afford cars IC'ly. Besides, with a lockpick system they'd be just as easy to break into as vehicles are, so there is no "easier" way. 

Now let's talk about the original purpose of these tents, the roleplay it can provide.

Tents not only make sense for homeless roleplay, but it also makes a great deal of sense for hunting RP and other outdoor RP where people spend a great deal of time outside. Not everything has to be for illegal purposes, hunters could finally make settlements together in the state park when away from their vehicle.

Homeless people can also blend in with the already existing tent settlements by installing theirs near or even within said tent settlements in LS, or in the canals. Homeless RP is also something that should have more depth, the ability to create homeless settlements through RP would be better than having a few of them here and there. They would have a place to call home.

People could buy tents to stay at festival events. Not everyone and their mother lives nearby. It could open up so much more opportunity for RP in general. 

Additional information:

The argument that "it will be abused" is valid, yes, it will be abused. But that's an argument that is easily dismissable with the fact that every function, command, item the server has, can, and will be abused regardless.

I feel like so many good things are left out and so much RP becomes harder just because something can be "potentially" abused. 

Edited by Mistery14
  • Upvote 1

I'd like to see something like this. My character loves to go camping and every time I have to result into using /cim or just roleplaying it. Having the actual items would be nice and neat, will add immersion as well. I'm down for it.

• Upvote 2