People need to chill with aggressiveness, really. It's not healthy, have a break, have a kit kat.

Kappaurel

1 minute ago, wizardofxyz said:

Unfortunate that the thread discussing kidnappings and the crime situation was locked, not sure what's going to be done about it if anything. There's a good amount of people that think it's acceptable but we'll see in more time if this really is an issue or not.

Regarding escalation, I think people just really enjoy the gunplay on GTA V too in a different setting like a heavy RP server. Once you have the power of a gun, it really can get to your head. Unsure if people are taking out their OOC frustrations or not on others in an IC situation but nevertheless, I definitely think people can be wayyy too trigger-happy in my experience of playing GTA RP. I definitely hold my tongue sometimes in case they just decide to put a few rounds into me for something negative I say.

Surely a report would suffice no for poor RP and escalation? There's already people getting ajailed for that kind of stuff. Or are you suggesting that there needs to be some kind of 'culture shift' @Kappaurel?

Curious elaborate on culture shift . 

1 minute ago, bodied said:

Curious elaborate on culture shift . 

Maybe culture shift was the wrong phrase to use lmao, I just mean like try and get people out of that hyper-aggressive mindset where if anyone looks at them funny or says something they don't particularly like, they'll just whip out their gun. But to be honest, maybe culture shift was right because in my experience on SAMP, people were always ready to take out a gun for any disagreement or conflict in general. Not sure what the term is anyway!

In a city that's so plagued with violence and shootings and robberies, I would assume it would be ill advised to run into a business with a weapon such as a baseball bat even if it's "a prank."

Edited by Late

My favourite is when you get into a mild disagreement with someone in public so they make it their lifelong mission to murder you and your entire family and burn your house down. 

"Hey, could you please not park your car in the fire lane"

Edited by Sush
  • Upvote 1

Hey, it was my character who pulled the gun. Just a few things I want to mention.

Even though, in range, I could see the chat, it doesn't mean my character was listening to what was said. He was talking to the cashier, minding his own business. When my character turns around, he sees a guy with a bat, yelling he's crazy. From where my character was, the guy recording wasn't in sight.

My character told him to go be crazy somewhere else, to which he kept claiming he was crazy, mind you, wielding a bat. The cashier, obviously, was acting both confused and scared at the situation. My character gave a countdown, he grabbed his gun. Never aimed it at anyone. The guy walks out, end of story. The cashier even smiled at my character after the "altercation" was done.

Over reaction? Probably. Was I planning to shoot? Not at all. It wasn't a CCW weapon, either. It's not strange to see people try to rob other people, or even businesses, wielding bats, knives, even wrenches. My character pulled his gun to deter a potential threat, it worked, no one was hurt and everyone kept going with their day.

Even if it's "Just a prank", multiple people in the U.S have been shot and killed for that. 

8 minutes ago, Late said:

In a city that's so plagued with violence and shootings and robberies, I would assume it would be ill advised to run into a business with a weapon such as a baseball bat even if it's "a prank."

Couldn't have said it better.

Edited by JackieH
Typo fix.
57 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

One guy enters a coffee shop, recording, and another comes in with a bat, yelling "I'M CRAZY, WAZAAA"

Enough grounds to get shot from the get-go.

Walking into an establishment with a weapon and declaring that you're crazy basically extends to "I'm going to smash your fucking head in with this blunt weapon because I'm the hihi-haha-hoho man. 🤪"

• Upvote 1
Just now, Valkyria said:

Enough grounds to get shot from the get-go.

Walking into an establishment with a weapon and declaring that you're crazy basically extends to "I'm going to smash your fucking head in with this blunt weapon because I'm the hihi-haha-hoho man. 🤪"

Did you miss the part where I calmly explained to everyone who was there "They are recording a joke, don't worry, they are harmless"?

Just now, Kappaurel said:

Did you miss the part where I calmly explained to everyone who was there "They are recording a joke, don't worry, they are harmless"?

Because everybody knows your character and they can immediately trust them despite you telling this to what's probably a group of strangers.

Why should anyone take your character's word on these people being harmless?

2 minutes ago, JackieH said:

Hey, it was my character who pulled the gun. Just a few things I want to mention.

Even though, in range, I could see the chat, it doesn't mean my character was listening to what was said. He was talking to the cashier, minding his own business. When my character turns around, he sees a guy with a bat, yelling he's crazy. From where my character was, the guy recording wasn't in sight.

My character told him to go be crazy somewhere else, to which he kept claiming he was crazy, mind you, wielding a bat. The cashier, obviously, was acting both confused and scared at the situation. My character gave a countdown, he grabbed his gun. Never aimed it at anyone. The guy walks out, end of story. The cashier even smiled at my character after the "altercation" was done.

Over reaction? Probably. Was I planning to shoot? Not at all. It wasn't a CCW weapon, either. It's not strange to see people try to rob other people, or even businesses, wielding bats, knives, even wrenches. My character pulled his gun to deter a potential threat, it worked, no one was hurt and everyone kept going with their day.

Even if it's "Just a prank", multiple people in the U.S have been shot and killed for that. 

Couldn't have said it better.

I didn't mention your name cause this is not a witch hunt, I just see incidents like this (and way worse) a lot, this was just the last time.