The Ability To Turn Off Local OOC

Snoot

Short description: As the title states.

Detailed description: With the current state of things, local OOC is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, with people spamming local OOC after any car crash and just about anything odd that happens when it could easily be solved without any OOC input. And while I understand the point and definitely use the local OOC sometimes myself, it would be an absolute godsend to be able to disable that chat option just as much as you can disable radios, faction chats and the sort.

And of course I understand the part local OOC plays in admin sits and that it is important for admins to use, so I also suggest that admin local OOCs will still be visible even if the option is disabled. For anything really important, people can of course PM you if it is really necessary, which would keep the chat clean for others as well.

Commands to add: /togb

Items to add: x

How would your suggestion improve the server?  More time spent in character, less in local OOC arguing if you choose to disable the option.

Additional information: 

• Upvote 1

So as much as I'd love to support the suggestion, I see it causing more issues then it solves. Toggling off OOC chat isn't going to curb people going OOC, it'll just make situations and communication more difficult. Some people will have it off and some people won't and it'll just create headaches for staff. 

What needs to happen is more enforcement by staff, I shouldn't have to argue with a ricer to convince to RP the crash we just had. I think staff got a little soft on people and now they assume they can just OOC their way out of scenario's they create.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1

I like the way snoot thinks

agreed

it should be the misson of all trve roleplayers to brute force roleplay at people in a very muscular and handsome way when they attempt to uselessly bicker in /b so being able to turn off ooc completely would make the server a better place. i dont want to see grey text that i dont read anyway

gta:w for the roleplayers - ooc babies out
💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

thanks for reading

OOC chat is needed. If someone has theirs disabled how do you let them know a scene is admin paused, how do you ask for their forum name for a report or when you're taking their plea for the court system? It's a vital tool of roleplay.

Edited by arandomgamer
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic