Every single house having an alarm

Stiggz

37 minutes ago, Martyn said:

So, we are to roleplay what we see. And shouldn't pretend this city is anything other than how we actually perceive it. And we should roleplay accordingly to what we see. Now that we've got that established, lets have a look at what you see by driving through LS for an hour.

1. People getting robbed all the time.
  2. Insane amounts of gunfire, automatic weaponry used even.
  3. Business getting extorted by Tony Spaghettio and his crew on the regular.
  4. Peoples properties being lit on fire for not going along with demands.
  5. The streets are empty, there is nearly nobody around to witness a crime happening to call 911.
  6. Countless of other things you'll see that'll make any regular and healthy human being think twice before living in Los Santos.

Nobody in their right mind would live in Los Santos, if we were to take everything IC. But for the sake of argument, we'll just pretend we're on a battle royal island where there's no way out of the island so you're forced to stay here. (After all, this is what it comes down to)

You're damn right I'll have every inch of my property covered by alarms, security cameras. I'll have a whole arsenal of firearms in my house to blast the first person that attempts to break into my house. If I'm standing on the street and someone I don't know approaches me in a strange manner, I will have my finger on the dial 911 button right away. If I'm not carrying a firearm at the time, or else I'd have my hand wrapped around the handle with my finger on the trigger on the ready. 

My point is, we're being told we have to RP what we see. We can all see that in Los Santos we should declare martial law if we're to portray the city realistically. So you can expect players to adjust to this (In my opinion horrible) way of seeing things and prepare for the worst. Because the worst happens insanely frequently. This is a direct result of the community choosing "fun" over realism. Deal with it, you can't have it both ways.

Absolutely. If they want us to treat the world as completely IC including the fact that our entire population is who's actually online, expect people to act accordingly.

51 minutes ago, Martyn said:

praised be this dude for having the patience to write all of this in a way that doesn't attack anyone.

but he is, in fact, right. characters act accordingly, can't expect them not to use the resources they got to make sure they arent impacted, it's just how it works.

Alarms aren't designed for you to have a chance to win. Sorry. It's not an OOC meta that LS is a crime ridden hellhole, it's just the natural outcome of the oversaturation of crime. This is a back and forth that will never get resolved.

You can say there are countermeasures against alarms. I can say there are a suite of home protection installations that aren't available to homeowners. You can say those are not realistic for LS houses to have. I can say there's no real world example of a city with LS's crime rates to tell us what realistic would look like. There's no end in sight. 

There are methods to mitigate your risk from alarms - use some ingenuity to find them. You won't be able to rob every house you want to, but if you're smart, you won't be caught.

The system is fine. 

1 minute ago, Smilesville said:

The system is fine. 

No, no it isn't, the current system is unfair. You wait an hour for your breakin request to be accepted and then within a minute of being inside of the property without being able to type 1-2 lines, an alarm goes off. This doesn't promote roleplay and in fact discourages it, to say the current system is fine is honestly sad to see. 

2 minutes ago, DoomedAmerica said:

No, no it isn't, the current system is unfair. You wait an hour for your breakin request to be accepted and then within a minute of being inside of the property without being able to type 1-2 lines, an alarm goes off.

I specifically meant the point at which the burglary starts. I agree requests take entirely too long to accept, and the system could use work on that front.

Just now, Smilesville said:

I specifically meant the point at which the burglary starts. I agree requests take entirely too long to accept, and the system could use work on that front.

Still, 1-2 minutes before an alarm goes off and the house is swarmed by 10 cops, isn't fair for illegal RPers at all, it should be 5-10 minutes minimum before the alarm goes off.

You have no choice when the crime is so high, this is how it would work in real life if you live under constant pressure.

Shit, you can't even be sunbathing on the beach without some mentally handicapped people coming to rob you in broad daylight.

Edited by Jennie
6 minutes ago, DoomedAmerica said:

Still, 1-2 minutes before an alarm goes off and the house is swarmed by 10 cops, isn't fair for illegal RPers at all, it should be 5-10 minutes minimum before the alarm goes off.

Nope. Sorry. Alarms aren't designed to be fair or give anyone a chance to "win."

Crews who actually conduct robberies are going to know police response times and plan accordingly. If you have to pop in and emote (lingering an appropriate amount of time to have reasonably conducted the action) and then pop back out, do it - don't sit there pinging the admin over and over.

Or better yet, do what burglars do and avoid properties with alarms altogether. Whichever.

Edited by Smilesville