Revived Sandy Shores.

idek

As Dom pointed out, there's a few buildings like the motel, that could be fixed, but overall I don't think that adding more buildings and also replacing the Sandy Trailers with actual houses is a good idea.. I like Sandy the way it is.

I don't agree with just plopping in some "updated" Sandy Shores, but would be amazing if we eventually got the ability to alter the vanilla exterior.  I know that K-Town got some trees added, and also there was an effort to remove many "foreclosure" signs.  So I guess removing and adding things IS possible, it would just be a lot of work?  But imagine the IC possibilities if various plots could be slowly renovated.  Something new for legal RPers to do.

The mod looks very out of place, terrible if you ask me, and I feel like that's the majority of people actively roleplaying around the county area. Maybe as people pointed out before, replacing some buildings like the motel with something actually proper and working would be nice, maybe even backed by roleplay (get on it construction rednecks). But the way this is? No. Sandy's fine as is.

Sadly, RageMP is not in the point in time where SAMP is where it allowed easy swap of buildings and adding custom mapped / made buildings. Took years for SAMP to even have that feature developed to the point where it was supported well enouigh without crashing the players.

More so, if you're read a while back, before the overhaul of the mods for some cars, we had issues with FPS and stuttering due to server mods being applied and having issues. I foresee same fate if these mapping mods are added.

Moreover, the mod is terribly done, has its flaws as stated in earlier comments. Somehow it reminds me of that tiny ass town from GTA:SA South-West of Las Venturas.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
On 6/16/2021 at 7:26 AM, hillievonb said:

I think it might be possible to turn some of the wrecks and abandoned homes into barely livable homes with some exterior mapping to fix windows and doors and patch holes. Of course then someone would buy them and try to map the inside into a modern penthouse but for really really grungy trap houses and the like, it might work.

Other than that, no.

On 6/16/2021 at 8:37 AM, mj2002 said:

This was attempted/requested before, but this was rejected or not possible.

From
Ke0ENO.jpg

to

bvcUhC.jpg

Certainly possible, took me about 30 minutes to cook up, all you need to do is delete the wrecks & their lods, replace them with other models in the area. Even the wrecks can be bordered up with flag planks as seen on the model to the right, 5 of them cover the windows and you can add new doors in perfectly fine.

Edited by Oaks.
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Oaks. said:

took me about 30 minutes to cook up, all you need to do is delete the wrecks & their lods, replace them with other models in the area. Even the wrecks can be bordered up with flag planks as seen on the model to the right, 5 of them cover the windows and you can add new doors in perfectly fine.

Maybe this is something we should investigate more?  We have talent in the community, we should use it.

Have to agree with the majority with a no when it comes to the map mod presented, it has quite a few flaws as people already pointed out. What I feel the county needs is more businesses and things to do, but I feel like with the increase in population as of recent that this will fix itself in time.

• Wuhtah locked this topic