What's your reason for driving cars from Pimp My Ride?

Bingoliath

On 6/13/2021 at 10:06 PM, Brian said:

because, no offense to anyone in particular, 8/10 car enthusiasts a) dont know how to portray their character properly, and b) have gained all their car related knowledge from racing games and movies 

Most people aren't "car enthuasiasts" when we talk gtaw they are either Intial D fans or Need for Speed fans.

There wouldn't be issues with people driving their riced out cars that scrape every 3 meters if people roleplayed that, it's not difficult. But the problem is that people do not roleplay drawbacks of riced out cars, I mean most people don't even want to roleplay car crashes and try to play the desync card. Even when they are pretty much forced to roleplay those crashes they will be back on the road with the car 10 minutes later once the scene is done.

6 hours ago, Stiggz said:

If you drive a car over 40K and got it by “trucking” or something else that doesn’t make sense, shut the fuck up, on hoodstas.

There are basic domestic sedans that cost over 40k, we're not talking luxury vehicles or sports cars. That makes no sense.

Prices on the server are wack.

If we have to take dealership prices IC (and there's no real reason not to as cars have some of the most stable prices in GTAW because there's no wear & tear through use and base price stays constant) I honestly don't blame the people who take a middle range sports car over a middle range sedan/coupe despite what would make sense.

You also don't for the most part have people RPing families or needing a spacious car because for the most part unless you're riding 4 deep in the hood a 2 seater is just fine.

We need more usable cars in the 20k to 100k range.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, Koko said:

Prices on the server are wack.

If we have to take dealership prices IC (and there's no real reason not to as cars have some of the most stable prices in GTAW because there's no wear & tear through use and base price stays constant) I honestly don't blame the people who take a middle range sports car over a middle range sedan/coupe despite what would make sense.

You also don't for the most part have people RPing families or needing a spacious car because for the most part unless you're riding 4 deep in the hood a 2 seater is just fine.

We need more usable cars in the 20k to 100k range.

I think everyone’s been begging for  cars like cheap econo-boxes. Something that is actually practical.

Why do players drive ricers you mean? Simply because of OOC appeal. How often do you really see people driving around in souped up ricers like that? Not too often lol. I believe players on here call those the “mall rats”. Personally? I portray EACH of my character properly by purchasing a vehicle that seems suitable for them, who they are, what they do, etc. and most of the time its just one car.

• Wuhtah locked this topic