Journalism/broadcasting RP; LSNN needs your help

Ace_

You're doing good work it's just not getting in front of people the way it should.

From my limited in-game, it doesn't seem that many people actually roleplay inside houses and as somebody coming from the much more feature-light phpBB forums of LS-RP, I find the GTA:W forums labyrinthine in comparison to browse. While I can only speak for myself, this obviously affects viewership of your two main channels (IG /news and forum-based news journalism.)

Personally speaking, I'd like to see something that integrates with GTA:W's player radio system a little more. Perhaps a playlist of different music sets interspersed with news broadcasts that can be backed by ambient music and heard through car/house/business radios via the text chat. It'll definitely take some work to manage and synchronise but what sort of faction management isn't a little difficult?

Other than that, you should be getting promotion priority on Facebrowser and posting articles on there for maximum coverage if you're not already.

I only get in-game a few times a week so I'm not sure if I could dedicate myself fully to the faction but I'd love to help out with some written content if you're looking for any more editorial staff.

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, meltcity said:

Another black male shot by the police sensational news it's what we're looking for.

Unless there was some unique twist to put on these stories, they actually always got the least number of views. Another black male shot by police was...well...just another black male shot by police. Just like another criminal caught at the end of a high speed pursuit.

Crime writing also requires more than just showing up on the scene, more often than not (especially in Davis/Rancho) witnesses were not forthcoming and police and deputies would just adhere to protocol and refer me to their media liaison office. That requires a written request for disclosure of information. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it isn't as simple as it seems to be sure that whatever is being reported is accurate information.

One thing we did do to get around that was to do a "happening now" feed on LSNN's Facebrowser (I see some people have already suggested promoting FB more), and we would upload imagery from the crime scene along with whatever information we had been given. It's a way to keep LSNN on the top of the feed. That way if a story also developed, additional information could be obtained to inform a later article. 

On 5/26/2021 at 2:04 AM, Planters80mm said:

Not sure how easy it is to get some people on the news interview script but you guys could do some vox pops asking like simple or funny questions to people on the streets. 

Please don't give up! I love LSSN but it might be a bit niche to roleplay

Hey, we've interviewed many famous people in the studio, such as almost every politician, Sheriff Rick Washington, SAPR Captain David Lawson and Corporal Emma Steiner, lawyers, two high officials from FD, Vinewood actress, high officials from security companies etc... and your idea is great! I've thought of it too and it will get implemented these days.

@Sim now we're using the link shortener. Thank you for the feedback

@Lurleen I barely use Facebrowser but I will listen to your advice and I will start using it more 

@Smith LSNN journalists go to crime scenes sometimes, but sometimes it's not news when something happens often. If something is worth mentioning on the news, LSNN journalists contact the liaisons/media relations

@DasFroggy PMed you

@Slamdance thank you for the suggestions. We don't do radio at all but we will start with radio broadcasts too and you're welcome to join the editorial division

A good idea to spice up broadcasting roleplay would be to hire a news commentator to provide commentaries about events that occurred IC on the server, current issues or even bring up real life news to talk about them. Make it happen perhaps once a week sometime during the weekend where more players are active IG, then transcribe it onto the forums for those who missed it. I'd love to see something like this happen.

@sio we're already working on it, thank you for the advice, it will get implemented

@Shaderz we do a lot of broadcasting ig, not like a news commentator though. Interesting idea, thank you

@Oaks. there's no script in place for voice news as far as I know, I would do voice news too, I don't mind, but there's one problem, I roleplay a man and I'm a girl irl so my voice wouldn't match my character... 😄

1 minute ago, YB said:

@sio we're already working on it, thank you for the advice, it will get implemented

@Shaderz we do a lot of broadcasting ig, not like a news commentator though. Interesting idea, thank you

@Oaks. there's no script in place for voice news as far as I know, I would do voice news too, I don't mind, but there's one problem, I roleplay a man and I'm a girl irl so my voice wouldn't match my character... 😄

Would be a cool thing to suggest, I'd prefer to listen than read when it comes to that sort of roleplay or I lose interest real quick. And just put a deep voice on! 

In 2018 when first starting datawars we did pre-recorded audio podcasts, uploaded to youtube. 5 or 6 of them in total. For a short while we had a radio station in-game where the episodes would loop and people could tune in and listen in-game. 

Eventually we got tired, took lots of time to do it, but it really wasnt that bad. Be the change you wanna see dudes just make something

• Wuhtah locked this topic