What do you think about the playerbase?

9inches

Where is everyone hanging out that they're constantly being robbed? I walk everywhere, mostly alone, and rarely do I even get bothered.

If anything I feel like there isn't enough incentive to commit crime, outside of just wanting to do it for character development reasons. 

It seems like most roleplay is centered around hopping between open businesses and socializing.

• Upvote 2

There's not enough predators in the streets. A club closing down and shoving everyone into the streets should be easy pickings for a tweaker with a knife; yet everyone safely jumps into their car that they parked 10 feet away and zooms away god-knows-where.

I repeatedly have my char let his motorbike warm up for 5 minutes, all alone, by himself, and the most dangerous thing that happened to him is a hobo asking him change. I used to rp with a crew of workers working 100% outdoors, and we have never been hassled despite operating in backalleys in the middle of Davis.

Being harassed in the streets, especially if you roleplay a well-dressed bitchy young woman, is realistic and shouldn't be considered as bad OOC. Of course Ayo McBuster will whistle at your big butt latina 18 year old char if she's a stranger to him.

Edited by arrdef
Just now, Smilesville said:

Yes, they are. I don't know why you'd be so intent on obfuscating the issue unless you participate in them - but I'm sure you'd never.

Let's not pretend this is localized either - the same shitters who drove all the way up to Paleto to go rob hunters in a forest are the people who'll rob you in Richman, the docks, or anywhere else you happen to be.

To say "this is only a problem for people who don't RP with gangs" is asinine.

Report them. Small chunk of those RPers have been banned. But to pretty much avoid interacting with any one, within the streets, over the actions of 1% of the server population is the reason as to why we have a low population on the street.

12 minutes ago, Christopher said:

Where is everyone hanging out that they're constantly being robbed?

Mission Row, Vinewood, the Airport, the pier just outside that (apparently closed) police shack, and on two occasions recently we had prosecutors shot and killed directly outside of the courthouse.

10 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Report them.

No longer possible. A recent staff decision has been made to argue that robbers and criminals can operate freely across most of the map, the exceptions being stores and police stations. Get robbed at the airport? Too bad, that's okay now. Want to shoot and murder someone just half a block from Mission Row police station? As long as you're not ACTUALLY in the green zone and nobody is online to see it, your good!

Easier to just stay indoors. There's plenty of gatherings that can be organized by players in such a way that guarantees safety while still resembling a normal life. 

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
Just now, DasFroggy said:

No longer possible. A recent staff decision has been made to argue that robbers and criminals can operate freely across most of the map, the exceptions being stores and police stations. Get robbed at the airport? Too bad, that's okay now. Attacked and gunned down half a block from Mission Row police station? As long as you're not ACTUALLY in the green zone and nobody is online to see it, your good!

Since when? I got robbed no more than 3 days ago, told an admin that the players came all the way from Strawberry to Sandy Shores to rob and the admin warned those players. Either this is very recent or you've misunderstood something.

Either way, the streets are empty because of ppl would rather (e)RP in interiors rather than interact with people bcs "boohoo im getting robbed".

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Easier to just stay indoors. There's plenty of gatherings that can be organized by players in such a way that guarantees safety while still resembling a normal life. 

What if they rob you even indoors if everything it's all about robbery? 

7 minutes ago, DirtyVago said:

Since when? I got robbed no more than 3 days ago, told an admin that the players came all the way from Strawberry to Sandy Shores to rob and the admin warned those players. Either this is very recent or you've misunderstood something.

That is precisely why the rule change feels contrived, as the risk of going into what should be a highly populated place to murder someone in the face until they're killed to death because they drove away from their mugger is acceptable, but hey now, going from Strawberry to Paleto is unreal because you'd be paying too much in gas...

7 minutes ago, DirtyVago said:

Either way, the streets are empty because of ppl would rather (e)RP in interiors rather than interact with people bcs "boohoo im getting robbed".

...and if your only solution is to insult people for wanting to avoid hospitalization, it'll continue.

6 minutes ago, 9inches said:

What if they rob you even indoors if everything it's all about robbery? 

Willingly crossing a locked threshold is more than enough justification to put on some cat ears and "take 'em out" if you feel breaking into a nightclub to rob everyone with a switchblade because 'poor decision making' is the basis for solid quality roleplay.

The people inside are entirely entitled to make the poor decision to ventilate you for breaking down their door.

Edited by DasFroggy

Since this thread already got derailed by upset mallrats; how come you get continously robbed and people like myself and many others haven't got robbed in ages now? Literally, during ~300h of playtime, I've been robbed like twice tops. Maybe you just need to move smarter and stop crying that you can't play outside? Needless to say that if you're driving a Benz and rocking Gucci in a fucking INNER CITY you will be robbed lmao.

17 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Mission Row, Vinewood, the Airport, the pier just outside that (apparently closed) police shack, and on two occasions recently we had prosecutors shot and killed directly outside of the courthouse.

No longer possible. A recent staff decision has been made to argue that robbers and criminals can operate freely across most of the map, the exceptions being stores and police stations. Get robbed at the airport? Too bad, that's okay now. Want to shoot and murder someone just half a block from Mission Row police station? As long as you're not ACTUALLY in the green zone and nobody is online to see it, your good!

You're reporting them for unrealistic portrayal of a robbery, if any thing. Don't report them with the whole "populated area in broad daylight" claim. Mention that it'd be unrealistic for a person to drive all the way to Rockford to conduct a robbery on a BF400... upon further investigation, they'd probably recognize that their character has no development with only 5 hours on record.

I support the new "daylight" rule. But, the admins should really consider bringing back the "populated area" argument, forcing players to conduct robberies in a more safe and secure manner without many witnesses. Robbers need fear-RP, as-well, and robbing people in "populated areas" shows a lack of fear. 

Edited by DLimit