Increase the vehicle despawn timer from three hours to six hours

Dom.

Short description: Increase the time before idle vehicles parked despawn from the server.

Detailed description: Change the script so vehicles despawn after six hours rather than three.

Commands to add:

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server? Currently, as it stands, vehicles left alone and spawned will despawn after three hours of no interaction. As someone who has an in-character racket that revolves around breaking and entering vehicles, this is a severe damper on both my bottom line and my roleplay experience. As I steal cars at night only (for realism purposes, obviously), this severely limits the amount of vehicles I can interact with, as by the time I'm ready to get down to the tomfoolery, a lot of the vehicles have despawned already. 

Additional information: I don't care about the stupid "roleplayers" who break into every car on the street. I'm making this suggestion for those of us that roleplay vehicle theft as a detailed thing rather than a couple of script commands to jack someone's car.

Edited by Dom.
  • Upvote 9
  • Dom. changed the title to Increase the vehicle despawn timer from three hours to six hours
3 hours ago, Dom. said:

Additional information: I don't care about the stupid "roleplayers" who break into every car on the street. I'm making this suggestion for those of us that roleplay vehicle theft as a detailed thing rather than a couple of script commands to jack someone's car.

But a side effect of this will be they (the 'stupid "roleplayers"'), will have a field day and it will strain the server more. How do you propose to counter that from happening?

Edited by Triple Seven
2 hours ago, Triple Seven said:

But a side effect of this will be they (the 'stupid "roleplayers"'), will have a field day and it will strain the server more. How do you propose to counter that from happening?

I don't have a proposition for that, but the only reason they were removed was lag, I think.

42 minutes ago, Dom. said:

I don't have a proposition for that, but the only reason they were removed was lag, I think.

Was changed because RAGEMP is unable to handle an area with too many vehicles, causes client crashes, blurry textures and invisible buildings, that's why the staff /vp the cars when there is an event.

Edited by Jennie

Yes.

Primarily because it's a self-solving problem.

Too many cars being spawned makes the server lag? Cool. Increase the despawn timer and people will steal those cars, causing them to despawn, henceforth, less lag.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic