Rename all guns to their real life names

TinPan

On 5/19/2021 at 3:51 PM, TinPan said:

Last thing that's needed is someone renaming a gun that looks exactly like a TEC-9 into a Glock 18, or saying their Hunting Rifle is a Mosin Nagant.

Automatic Tec-9's are as much a unicorn gun as Glock 18's are.

There's nothing wrong with roleplaying the hunting rifle as a Mosin Nagant.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this thread, not to mention supporting this alternative suggestion that was put forwards:

On 5/19/2021 at 10:08 AM, Karner said:

Just prefix all models in game with their IG manufacturer name.

Hawk & Little Pistol Mk2

1 hour ago, Aquila said:

I was initially for this, but I'm with @St3fan[NL] on this. Keep it vanilla.

I myself ain't really so much for giving them the real life names no more, but I'm still in support of giving the firearms some kind of fully-fledged title according to the in-game manufaturer; just like how car's in-game are referred too by their manufacturer and model.

This would be nice actually, for the people who are not gun experts the model and type are stated at your weapon, isn't it.. Like instead of your inventory saying; CombatPistol it would've said; Walther P99 or HK P2000 mash

And this could open a new way of how the weapons work in GTA:W I don't know if it's possible through RageMP though but then perhaps a system could be created where you have mulitiple names link to one gtav gun type which will have different specs. Like damage for instance. I've seen this on a SAMP server many years ago, it was a very cool system, for instance GTASA terms; A Desert Eagle had linked up with 5 different names with 5 different damage rates it even had it's own bullet types per gun in some instances. 

For the people who HAVE to roleplay gun types as I've read in the thread the PD for instance then you wouldn't have to forget your weapons name as it is stated when picking it up or in your inventory.

I support this. The basic naming convention in GTA 5 is fucked up and doesn't make any sense. 

Real life counterparts, without going as far as possible, could bring an easier to use system rather than fucked up names as we currently have with names that are next to identical for different guns.

• Wuhtah locked this topic