Rename all guns to their real life names

TinPan

7 hours ago, TinPan said:

What's the point in adding real life guns with real life names if you hold this mentality?

I don't think Sig's come with Shrewsbury tints irl. Same with Smith&Wesson, they don't come with Hawk&Little tints. 

To add onto your argument... There aren't enough add-on firearms to make up the need for your suggestion. People RP their Pistol as Hi-Powers, Combat Pistol as a Glock, maybe USP, maybe a P88. If you are to change the firearms that come with GTA to their irl names, you will be forcing people to RP something else, and there is no need for it. 

1 hour ago, Mescalero said:

I don't think Sig's come with Shrewsbury tints irl. Same with Smith&Wesson, they don't come with Hawk&Little tints. 

To add onto your argument... There aren't enough add-on firearms to make up the need for your suggestion. People RP their Pistol as Hi-Powers, Combat Pistol as a Glock, maybe USP, maybe a P88. If you are to change the firearms that come with GTA to their irl names, you will be forcing people to RP something else, and there is no need for it. 

I appreciate those people a ton, but the main reason for this suggestion is to admittedly prevent this and bring a level of consistency to the server so that a certain type of firearm is universally accepted.

Telling someone that a gun is a Glock means everyone is on the same page because they understand exactly what a Glock is and can at the least google a picture of it to understand what it is. When you tell them it’s a ‘Pistol’, that mutual understanding gets thrown out the window; and especially becomes confusing as people Roleplay a Pistol as a Glock... despite the fact that there is now a Glock firearm that exists on the server.

Like I said to St3fan, if real life guns now exist in GTA:W that everyone can mutually agree on regarding its name and functionality like the Glock; they shouldn’t be the exception to everything else having regular names. Either the guns with real life names need to be changed to be fictional or the guns with fictional GTA 5 names need to be changed to keep that consistency.

3 minutes ago, meltcity said:

Hmm, It'd be complicated since most of the GTA:O guns are mish mashes of real guns. I'm for it.

There’s only a select few to be honest that are complicated to name like the Combat Pistol (just about every other gun can be given an accurate real life name based upon info from the GTA Wiki), but there’s nothing wrong with potentially giving these select few firearms new models before renaming them in order to make them more appropriate to what’s available in the legal & illegal markets in California.

8 hours ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Yes because its a game and people know the GTA guns under the GTA names. Not everyone is a gun expert and we shouldnt force players to LEARN AND REMEMBER RL names for the guns.

I hated being forced to RP real life names in PD for the Carbine Rifle because I am not a guns guy and I always forget which type of rifle I have to RP.

THIS.

18 minutes ago, TinPan said:

There’s only a select few to be honest that are complicated to name like the Combat Pistol (just about every other gun can be given an accurate real life name based upon info from the GTA Wiki), but there’s nothing wrong with potentially giving these select few firearms new models before renaming them in order to make them more appropriate to what’s available in the legal & illegal markets in California.

Combat Pistol is a Walther P99/HK P2000 mash.

Edit. gta.fandom says it's a P2000.

More entries:

SNS Pistol - Heckler & Koch P7M10

Heavy Pistol - Entreprise Wide Body 1911

Pump Shotgun - Mossberg 590

Assault Rifle - AK-74 / AK-103

Carabine Rifle - AR-15 / Heckler & Koch HK416

Edited by meltcity
15 minutes ago, ZaE said:

THIS.

Like I said to St3fan, nobody is expecting for players to be gun experts; but we are roleplaying a realistic world which currently has real life brands like iPhone’s. Nobody has to be a firearm's expert in order to read & remember a name of a gun; just like how nobody has to be a car expert to read and remember the name of a car.

Not to mention the fact that the second point St3fan brought up in that post can literally be fixed with this suggestion.

Edited by TinPan

Sure, not a bad idea. We are rping in the IRL universe, not the fictional GTA one, server continuity already confirms the lore for the most part isn’t taken IC with some exceptions. Making gun names realistic would help contribute to a believable game world.

• Wuhtah locked this topic