New factions should HAVE to go through Unofficial Groups first

Goonbag

2 minutes ago, Yoak said:

talking about @harrison's reign on the server.

I know but this is number two! Still a huge faction. But we're going offtopic.

On the suggestion, no. People don't have to go through unofficial process if they don't want to. As explained there, someone can go through it, and be unofficial for two months, and still denied, while others can get the official instantly if they apply. The system is good enough, the only thing we need is activity requirements and monitoring if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Karner said:

Factions popping up and closing isn't inherently a bad thing. Though, adding an arbitrary process where the focus turns from RP to "becoming official", from experience leads to some factions lose motivation and their goal once its been achieved. 

The unofficial stage, I believe, is for those that simply want to showcase their roleplay while going through the application process. Whether that's a day or a year. 

The issue is that showcasing roleplay isn’t a requirement. It means that the application process isn’t transparent and the wider community can’t see a factions portrayal before it is made official. 

I don’t think the application process should be made public, but the roleplay should be put on public display. I can imagine it’s pretty disheartening for someone’s group to remain unofficial for a number of months and then see a faction gaining official status seemingly out of the blue. I know there is an application process and this isn’t the case, but it can definitely appear that way. 

This would also stop people from assuming bias when factions ran by admins/friends of admins are given official status without anyone seeing any examples of their roleplay. 

Adding more tiers of group is just gonna have people complain about different things. Why did they get official group and we're group? Why are they mega faction when we're just a faction? Etc.

The difference between unofficial group and faction is so stressed over. People think that just because you're a group, you're liable to have your faction CK'd for no reason when that's just not true.

From my perspective, unofficial groups is a way for people to Jumpstart their faction before they apply for an official status. This means if you have a concept and people willing to participate, you don't have to wait several days or weeks in order to get approval to roleplay your concept. This means more time role-playing and less time waiting. On top of that, if the concept doesn't work out, or people don't find interesting, they can close it and save a bunch of work for IFM.

This means a non-existing faction can get "official" immediately because they probably had their application process in the works, just like in the old system how the faction needed to be approved before it could operate, the members of the faction could choose to apply for an "official" faction without starting an unofficial thread. This also means factions can have their application in the process, but choose to make an unofficial group thread while the application is being reviewed, leading to some factions being approved seemingly over night.

I dont think new factions should HAVE to go through an "unofficial" process if management thinks it's a safe bet. If somebody meets all the requirements and applies for an "official" status and their faction and concept is strong enough, why not. It doesn't mean they have free reign to CK other groups freely, it's more so that IFM probably thinks the faction can do well, or the faction is something the server could greatly use.

Pls stop making such a huge deal over these statuses and giving them more power and prestige than they really have. 2 cents.

41 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Adding more tiers of group is just gonna have people complain about different things. Why did they get official group and we're group? Why are they mega faction when we're just a faction? Etc.

The difference between unofficial group and faction is so stressed over. People think that just because you're a group, you're liable to have your faction CK'd for no reason when that's just not true.

From my perspective, unofficial groups is a way for people to Jumpstart their faction before they apply for an official status. This means if you have a concept and people willing to participate, you don't have to wait several days or weeks in order to get approval to roleplay your concept. This means more time role-playing and less time waiting. On top of that, if the concept doesn't work out, or people don't find interesting, they can close it and save a bunch of work for IFM.

This means a non-existing faction can get "official" immediately because they probably had their application process in the works, just like in the old system how the faction needed to be approved before it could operate, the members of the faction could choose to apply for an "official" faction without starting an unofficial thread. This also means factions can have their application in the process, but choose to make an unofficial group thread while the application is being reviewed, leading to some factions being approved seemingly over night.

I dont think new factions should HAVE to go through an "unofficial" process if management thinks it's a safe bet. If somebody meets all the requirements and applies for an "official" status and their faction and concept is strong enough, why not. It doesn't mean they have free reign to CK other groups freely, it's more so that IFM probably thinks the faction can do well, or the faction is something the server could greatly use.

Pls stop making such a huge deal over these statuses and giving them more power and prestige than they really have. 2 cents.

Unofficial groups should be renamed to unofficial factions, and official could stay the way it is then. Once the CK shit changes, as it's honestly stupid that it's a one-way street n not a two-way street. Official factions should be liable to be CK'd if unofficial ones are too, over a PK. 

Time ≠ quality or success, and there's a strong argument for expediting a group to official status solely due to the content they're currently producing. We've all seen dead official factions which are only surviving due to their OOC position.

If official is being handed out to people just because they have a big forum post count cock and DM mods feet pics then that's also okay and I support it.

• Gore locked this topic