Loan system between players

Angela

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/31/2021 at 1:36 PM, Angela said:

There would be a hassle if players take the money away from the bank or simply don't have any money to pay back. In real life banks take their fees automatically from your account, it shouldn't be different here. Banking roleplay and loan giving roleplay is currently non existent in the server.

Every player is not a banker. If you're loaning from a person? Sign a contract. If they don't pay? Handle it in court, much like the real world.

If my friend, John Smith, loans me $50,000, he cannot access my bank account and automatically deduct it from my account. Instead, he has to ensure that payments are made, with words, before resorting to filing a civil lawsuit to forcefully extract the wealth from the person.

7 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Every player is not a banker. If you're loaning from a person? Sign a contract. If they don't pay? Handle it in court, much like the real world.

If my friend, John Smith, loans me $50,000, he cannot access my bank account and automatically deduct it from my account. Instead, he has to ensure that payments are made, with words, before resorting to filing a civil lawsuit to forcefully extract the wealth from the person.

I never said that every person would have access to this. I added that you'd need a banking license, basically letting player ran banks to exist

3 minutes ago, Angela said:

I never said that every person would have access to this. I added that you'd need a banking license, basically letting player ran banks to exist

The suggestion should vouch for player-regulated banking roles, then, to clear this up.

No need for it to automatically withdraw money from the person loaning money. Considering you get your money back even if they get CKed (probably minus the interest), might as well roleplay it all the way. No need for script stuff. Maybe they're avoiding payment ICly on purpose.

Edited by -MCV-
1 hour ago, JackThePsych said:

Maybe an official agreement kind of thing or atleast similar or else players might RP writing a name on a mcdonald's receipt and scam. Then getaway with it saying it's an official loan contract cuz they RPed it as so.

You can already hire a lawyer to draft up an official legal-binding document that you can then use in court if the terms of the contract are not respected.

Realistically speaking, loans (and loan scams) are an extremely risky area. We shouldn't aim to artificially eliminate that risk just, it would be extremely unrealistic and unfair.

• Wuhtah locked this topic