The Los Santos News Network and you

Ace_

Hi, I'm making this thread in order to hear your opinions about Los Santos News Network and if you have a suggestion, it'll be greatly appreciated. Furthermore, if any of you is interested in journalism roleplay, which is very fun and interesting, don't hesitate to give it a try!

[LSNN Career portal] Interested in journalism? Los Santos News Network is the right place for you! We are hiring! - Online News & Blogs - GTA World Forums - GTA V Heavy Roleplay Server

LSNN - Los Santos News Network [WIP] - Media Outlets - GTA World Forums - GTA V Heavy Roleplay Server

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or our faction leader @Moyles. The faction is consisted of dedicated individuals, so if you enjoy journalism roleplay, don't hesitate to join us! 🙂

Edited by YB
  • Upvote 1

For a brief time, I was on the San Andreas Network on Los Santos Roleplay. I'm aware that the servers are two very different things, but I still find journalism roleplay interesting regardless of this. If someone enjoys creative writing both online and offline, then these kinds of factions are an excellent outlet for that. I may consider this, sometime in the future.

Thanks for being here.

I personally have zero complaints in regards to LSNN, you guys have personally been amazingly active with.

I would personally like to see more articles in regards to the fire department's activities HOWEVER unless the Police Chief's house burns down I know for a fact that the article isn't gonna get that many clicks, so you guys get a solid pass on that.

One addition that I would personally really enjoy with LSNN is the introduction of stringers, now that stringers have some type of way for tracking calls (with LSFD's Live Incident Tracking website), it'd be easy to kick-start crime journalism as well, since about 60% of the LSFD's calls is assistance to the LSPD after some type incident involving criminal activity.

It'd be totally fun to hear about a homicide that happens somewhere that isn't in grove street or Vespucci, for example, club incidents are still a thing, massively, people just don't make fusses out of it as much as Fantasia when it had happened, I personally believe that reporting on any club homicide or shooting is a conversation starter.

Always liked what I've seen and appreciate the hard work that's put in to mock-journalism because trust me writing that shit consistently burns you out but if I see another X ORGANIZATION AND YOU titled feedback thread I'm gonna shit my pants violently. 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 1

I have always been fond of LSNN, I tune in regardless of what I'm doing, as I enjoy receiving information going on in the city, helps with my Immersion!

A possible suggestion is thinking about diversifying the team in regards to personality. You are more likely to get a substantial amount of additional viewers if you have a raunchy, interesting character. Said character can walk the line of what's considered professional and unprofessional in news. I don't mean that said person should make a mockery of LSNN, but someone with more of a bubbly demeanor could be interesting. It's hard to explain, I think you get my point x)

Another suggestion I have pondered is the fact that news anchors are always in the studio when reporting. I am unsure of the bounds of the /interview command, but I would LOVE to see a reporter in place at a car crash for example. Someone on the streets, getting into the knitty gritty! This can also subject Camera Men / Sound Crew / Drivers into the Industry, if they are wanting to join but are not comfortable with their creative writing skills.

Overall, it's a great idea and I love it, I hope it never ends!

2 hours ago, joaoivis said:

I don't know if it is still a thing but could you post the logs of the full interview somewhere? Sometimes I'm not IG but my char would be probably be watching LSNN ICly and I want to read through it when I have time and react to it as I see fit. 

Presentation-wise this is by far the best option to showcase interviews.

Ingame it's just impractical to follow if you like, got own shit to do besides paying full attention to the news.

And as mentioned, this would allow like minded viewers to later on check out shows, interviews etc. also if not present ingame for this very report.

One thing I noticed is that apparently it is not visibl in the local chat if a news moderator broadcasts which is very odd (I basically had to follow the girl's news during to protest when standing next to her, to be able to hear what she asks people).

4 hours ago, knppel said:

Presentation-wise this is by far the best option to showcase interviews.

Ingame it's just impractical to follow if you like, got own shit to do besides paying full attention to the news.

And as mentioned, this would allow like minded viewers to later on check out shows, interviews etc. also if not present ingame for this very report.

One thing I noticed is that apparently it is not visibl in the local chat if a news moderator broadcasts which is very odd (I basically had to follow the girl's news during to protest when standing next to her, to be able to hear what she asks people).

LSNN needs Carry Saunders and Eddy the camera man

The concept was simple, opposed to live broadcasts I usually roleplayed recording.

This gave me the luxury of filtering out matters of actual interest for publishing (may it be in refined articles or screenshots), from fuck-her-right-in-the-pussy's and meaningless contribution, as well as selectively picking the most interesting stories as headlines (I had an interest in high market reach ic, after all).

As hinted at above, same as back then SAN's script, broadcasting live from a scene, or broadcasting a studio interview this way, is lenghty and dragging.

Not too many people log on to actively roleplay watching TV solely, also.

So realistically you can't expect a significant audience to follow a full half hour interview (exceptions stating the rule, of course, a known broadcaster character will attract their target audience), left alone a two-hour barrage situation with douzens of police officers and gang members involved, a large union protest event (the good ones in 2016 under Vaughn, not the shameful scripted murder ones last winter, cough) etc.

However as also mentioned in the first post, forum threads are ideal to not only showcase such (may it be as actual video with a lot of effort in editing in channel-tags, as lazy screenshot-transcript with a picture of everyone in the studio, or in-depth articles with the relevant ic pictures that are actual evidence for something you research, not something you came up with), but actually transmit information.

• Wuhtah locked this topic